•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝•

"Can you file this?" I asked my coworker

She responded with a friendly nod prompting me to thank her and return back to what I was doing.

I honestly loved working again, and even though I was a little nervous to get back into the field—it was definitely better than sitting home over thinking everything.

Helping people was something I was passionate about, and I think I had forgotten that.

Thankfully for me, unlike my last job—everyone here was professional.

As my phone rang I squinted my eyebrows in confusion.

Nobody called me at work unless it was an emergency—and even then the number wasn't from Javier or André.

I decided to ignore it and continued typing away on the computer.

It was when my phone rang a second time that I knew I had to answer.

"Hello?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Damn, you had a nigga thinking crazy." Clare spoke.

I removed the phone from my ear and gave it a crazy look before responding.

"You're calling already?" I questioned.

"Damn don't sound too excited." He chuckled.

"No I'm happy, it's just—this is the earliest you've ever called, it caught me off guard."

"Remember when I told you I would be gettin' a lil bit more freedom, well..."

"Yeah," I responded.

I had mixed feelings about it honestly, I loved that we could contact each other more, but at what price was what worried me.

"So we can talk—like anytime now?" I questioned.