•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊•

A tightening pain around my abdomen caused me to groan awake

My face contorted as the pain grew worse and worse.

My eyes jolted open when I realized that the pain was coming from Clare.

His grip around me was tight, too tight, completely unbearable and I felt like I was being crushed.

"Clare." I spoke, shaking his bicep.

No response.

He was clearly asleep, but he was squeezing me half to death.

"Clare," I repeated, trying my best to slip from his arms.

My attempts were futile, as I clawed at his arms nothing was happening.

The pain tightening around me was only getting worse and before I knew it, tears welled in my eyes.

I went from calling him calmly to full on yelling his name, clawing as his arms desperately.

"Clarence!" I cried out, thankfully this time he jolted awake.

His eyes grew wide when he saw my state, his arms immediately unraveling from me.

Immediately I curled up in pain, hugging myself as I gasped for air.

"B-Ba—"

Clare looked on at me in shock, his mouth wide and his eyes the same.

"I-I'm sorry, I ain't, I d-didn't..."

I stayed quiet as he walked over to the light and flicked it on before quickly walking back over to me.

As he attempted to touch me I instinctively flinched causing him to halt his movements.

He looked down at me with a ghostly expression, his face drained of color.

"I-it's okay.." I coughed.

He didn't respond, and instead slowly moved his hands to the bottom of my shirt, watching me closely to see if I was uncomfortable.

I watched him shakily, heart pounding against my chest as he lifted my shirt, showing the bruises.

When his eyes met those he looked as if the life had been drained from him. Like he'd just received a strong punch to the gut.

"I-I—"

"it's fine..." I said lowly, "you didn't mean to."