•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙•

"How long has he been out there?" Alyssa asked as we watched Netflix on my couch

"Since this morning-the moment he got off those crutches he asked for a hoop and a basketball and that's literally all he does-I'm out of breath just watching." I chuckled.

"same, no wonder he's built like that at what—16?"

I nodded and she shook her head.

"Well," she started shifting Indian style, "how's it been being a dad for a week." She asked.

"Okay for one let's not use the 'D' word, I feel old."  I shook my head.

"That's literally what you are," she chuckled.

"Okay but you still don't have to say it."

"What are you gonna do when he says it?" She asked.

I honestly hadn't thought about that, I didn't expect him to do it to be fair.

"He probably won't-like you just said he's 16, it's not like I'm raising him from birth." I retorted.

"Okay but you're still raising him-at some point he'll call you dad." She shrugged, "especially since you said he's never really had one.

I shook my head at the thought before changing the subject.

"So what is it you had to tell me-what's the big announcement?" I asked with anticipation.

"Welllllll," she led on.

"I'm pregnant!!" She yelled.

My mouth dropped immediately as I looked at her.

"Dude really!" I laughed as I pulled her into a hug.

"Yeah-Kelvin and I were going pretty strong when you were gone. The pregnancy wasn't planned but he was so excited, which in turn made me even more excited," she revealed.

"That's amazing Alyssa-honestly." I said happily.

"Damn all this talk about me being a dad and you're about to be a mom." I laughed.

Our Conversation was cut short when Javier entered the house.

"Uh is it okay if I go to the court down the street?" He asked timidly.

"Sure-just be back before it gets too dark," I nodded.

yes sir," he smiled.