➴ five: BIRDY ➴

〖 chapter v: BIRDY〗

〖 chapter v: BIRDY〗

Wysteria awoke in an unfamiliar bed

Wysteria awoke in an unfamiliar bed. Slightly disoriented, Wysteria sat up quickly, looking around the sparsely decorated room. The walls were a faded blue, with a line of wallpaper flowers wrapping around the middle. The curtains were white and lacy and letting in way too much light. Aside from the bed, the only other piece of furniture in the room was a dresser on the wall across from her. Her mother's home. The thought finally came to Wysteria. She was in her mothers home. Her home. 

There was a small knock at the door and with a yawn, Wysteria rubbed at her eyes. "Come in." She called out. Through still very sleepy eyes, Wysteria watched her mother walk into her room with a smile.

"Hello sweetheart. You feel rested enough?" Wysteria nodded adamantly, smiling a little. She hadn't slept fitfully for once or had nightmares about her father. Those had been a frequent occurrence ever since Wysteria had agreed to come back to Forks, Washington with her mother. In her dreams, there was always a storm, much like the one that had happened the day her father died. Wysteria was standing in the middle of what looked like an open field, her father on one end and she on the other. Often times, he would be shouting at her in a different language. Wysteria couldn't understand what he was saying but she knew he was angry. He was cursing at her, screaming at her because she was going home.  

Wysteria tried to chalk the whole thing up to guilt and sadness but... Sometimes the dreams felt so real. Sometimes Wysteria swore she could feel the rain on her hands and face. The dreams terrified her. The last thing she wanted to do was disappoint her father. But what else could she do? Her mothers job was in Forks and Wysteria didn't want to become a burden to the Simmons family or anyone really who might be willing to take her in while she finished up her high school career. No, it was simply easier for her to come back to Forks. At least, that's what Wysteria kept trying to convince herself of.

"Yeah. I feel good mom." Wysteria said. Her mother smiled.

"I'm glad. Are you hungry? I have food ready and once you finish maybe we could visit your grandmother. She's anxious to see you." Wysteria smiled. She was anxious to see her too. Meeting your Aunt and cousin is one thing, meeting your grandma is a whole other experience. For so long, all Wysteria had was her father. Now, she felt like she had a family as big as Grace's.