➴ thirty-three: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN ➴

〖 chapter xxxiii: THE SMELL OF DIRT AFTER RAIN〗

After apologizing immensely to everyone in attendance, Wysteria said quick goodbyes to Bella, Jacob and everyone else before rushing with her mother and grandmother to their car

After apologizing immensely to everyone in attendance, Wysteria said quick goodbyes to Bella, Jacob and everyone else before rushing with her mother and grandmother to their car. The ride home was silent, everyone sitting in their wet clothes with worry and concern. It was only after Wysteria calmed down and the rain stopped that her mother broke down and cried in the driveway of their house. "Mom, it's okay." Wysteria said softly.

"It's not. I knew I shouldn't have brought you home. I knew it but I missed you baby and I thought that maybe everything that happened all those years ago was just something I had imagined to cope with the lose of you and your father. I should have known better. I'm your mother I should have just left this place for you."

"Mom, I'm glad I came back." Wysteria said, rubbing her shoulder. "I'm happy here and I know this is scary but... I can learn to control this. I can learn to use these powers to protect people."

"But we still don't know what your father heard. What was so terrible that it drove him to divorce me and take you away?" Her mother cried out Wysteria didn't have an answer for that. Wysteria and her grandmother took her mother inside. Where she continued to apologize to Wysteria, calling herself  a bad mother.

"You're the best mom ever. I love you okay." Wysteria said. Her mother cried harder while they hugged. Eventually, she was able to calm down long enough to take a shower and head off to bed. Wysteria's grandmother sighed as she kissed her granddaughters forehead.

"Everything will be alright little bird." She said softly. "I know those boys aren't like you but I hope they'll be able to help you learn control." Wysteria nodded.

"Thanks grandma. I know they'll be a great help." Wysteria said before swallowing hard and remembering how Alice had said that the reason she told her they were vampires was so she wouldn't feel alone in this moment. Where were the Cullen's now though? Certainly not here.

Her grandmother hugged her goodbye and Wysteria walked her out to the porch, waving goodbye as her grandma got in her car and drove off. With a sigh, Wysteria headed back inside to shower and peel her, once again, wet clothes off her body. She let the hot water run over her skin and through her hair, trying to imagine what it would be like to control the weather like some kind of God. What she was most worried about though, was accidentally hurting someone she loved, turning them to stone without realizing she was going to do it. That's the thought that scared her. Wysteria slowly ran a brush through her hair as she blow dried it, unable to stop thinking about Alice and how she had done this for her once a long time ago.