➴ fifty-four: SECRETS ➴

〖 chapter liv: SECRETS〗

Wysteria felt like she was bursting at the seams

Wysteria felt like she was bursting at the seams. Bella and Edward had been home a week and so far, so good. Bella seemed to be in good health but the baby inside her was growing at an alarming rate. Bella had asked Wsyteria not to tell Charlie, Jacob or anybody about what was happening because as far as everyone else knew, Bella was in a hospital in Italy sick with some virus. Nobody knew she was home. Nobody knew about what was growing inside of her.

How could Wysteria possibly keep this secret from her boyfriend? Her mother? Her cousins? Wysteria was horrible at secrets. They could all read her like an open book. They would know something was up and indeed they did, and it was causing a strain on hers and Jacob's relationship for the first time ever.

"Why won't you just tell me what's wrong." Jacob demanded as they stood across from each other in his living room. Wysteria frowned at him.

"Because nothing's wrong." The sky outside rumbled and Jacob scoffed, pointing up at the ceiling.

"Then what's that?" He said.

"You're making me mad. That's what." Wysteria cringed a little. She didn't want to fight with Jacob. That was the last thing she needed right now.

"Wysteria, I've known you long enough to know what kind of storms you make when you're mad and when you're nervous. This is a nervous storm."

"Well clearly you don't know me as well as you think you do." Wysteria deadpanned.

"I know everything about you!" Jacob snapped back at her. "You're my soulmate."

"Not right now you aren't. Right now you're just some asshole yelling at me." Jacob's jaw clenched and Wysteria stepped back, remembering what happens if one of them gets too angry. Jacob was practically seething right now. Fuck. She really shouldn't have riled him up. The summer storm broke above the house, pouring hot, heavy rain down.

"Jacob." Billy said behind Wysteria. "Don't." Jacob growled and then ran out of the house and into the rain, tearing off his shirt as he went. Billy went after him but Wysteria stayed put, feeling electricity wrap around her in angry tendrils. She breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth slowly, trying to channel Jasper's voice in her mind. When she finally calmed down enough, Wysteria opened her eyes to see Becca and Rachel staring at her. She had forgotten they were home.