➴ thirty-nine: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT ➴

〖 chapter xxxix: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT〗

Wysteria stepped out of Jacob's car and waved over at Carlisle and Esme whom she could see through the front of the Cullen's large glass paneled house

Wysteria stepped out of Jacob's car and waved over at Carlisle and Esme whom she could see through the front of the Cullen's large glass paneled house. Jacob sighed behind her as he got out of the car as well. "Are they already out there?" Wysteria called out to the Cullen's. Esme and Carlisle both nodded and Wysteria gave them a thumbs up. "I'll come by to talk properly when we finish. Jacob and I are already late." 

"See you soon." Esme called out with a smile. Wysteria walked around the front of the car towards Jacob and took his hand.

"Don't make faces." Wysteria said as they began to walk through the woods. "You wanted to come and now you're finally going to see me in action." 

"I see your powers all the time on the Rez." Jacob argued.

"Yeah but you wanted to see what Jasper and I do out here and now you're going to see. I don't know what you're so worried about with him. It's been almost a month. He hasn't killed me yet Jacob." Her boyfriend huffed.

"I can't just come watch you practice?" He asked.

"You have an ulterior motive." Wysteria said, shaking her head. "I just haven't figured out what it is yet." Jacob half smirked.

"Good thing you can't read minds." Wysteria was about to say that Edward could when a figure appeared in front of them. It was Jasper. His hair was wind swept and he was smiling a little.

"You're late."

"Bite me." Wysteria said. Jasper grinned and Jacob frowned at her. 

"I'm sure you would taste disgusting." Jasper said.

"Never know until you try." Wysteria joked making Jacob huff loudly.

"No thanks. Now march soldier." Wysteria laughed a little as Jasper disappeared again. It was always a little funny to her when Jasper's southern accent came out. Wysteria let go of Jacob's hand and took off running. 

"Wysteria!" Jacob shouted, running after her. He kept pace with her easily.

"What? He said to march and I'm not much of a marcher but... He was being serious." Jacob pursed his lips as they emerged at the break in the trees. Wysteria spotted Alice doing cartwheels in a section of burned grass. It looked like she was trying to teach Bella who seemed unsure of herself. Edward stood nearby, grinning. "Bella!" Wysteria exclaimed, wanting to run towards her best friend but Jasper appeared in front of her.