➴ forty-three: THE HANG OF IT ➴

〖 chapter xliii: THE HANG OF IT〗

"I think I'm getting the hang of this

"I think I'm getting the hang of this." Another bolt of lightning flew down and struck the straw dummy except this time it caught fire and broke into several flaming pieces that blew out into the field. "Oh... Oops." Wysteria watched the Cullen's stamp out the fires, despite being pretty flammable themselves and she smiled at them sheepishly. "Sorry." Jasper laughed, walking towards her.

"You are getting the hang of it but I want you to remember that the dummies are straw and the newborns are not."

"Kind of hard to forget when you keep telling me that." Wysteria said with a smirk. "Also, do you and your family just sit around at night making straw dummies for me? I've never asked before." Jasper just smirked.

"Go again. Don't worry about starting a fire. The ground around here is charred enough." Without even reaching out with her hand this time, Wysteria made lighting strike the five remaining dummies. Like the last one, they too all caught fire and burst into pieces.

"Woohoo! Bad ass Wysteria!" Wysteria laughed and turned to look at her cousins Seth and Leah as they appeared from the forest, Jacob and Quil not far behind. Lately, the four of them had taken to watching Wysteria train after the other members of the pack had left. Most of them were still uncomfortable around the Cullen's, refusing to be in their human forms, not to say that Leah and Quil weren't still a little anxious, but they had gotten used to being around them at least. Seth wasn't even the slightest bit uncomfortable anymore though, that's what Wysteria loved about this whole situation.

Before the summer ended, after one of the training sessions, Seth had reappeared wearing jeans and a t-shirt and asked if he could watch Wysteria practice. "Does your sister know you're here?" Jacob said in a hard voice, crossing his arms over his chest. Seth shrugged nonchalantly.

"Seth Clearwater!" A voice rang out. Wysteria half smiled at her pissed off cousin.

"She does now." Seth said with an easy going grin. Leah and Seth argued for close to an hour about whether or not it was okay for him, for them, to be out here. "Wysteria is fine!" Seth argued. "So is Jacob!"