➴ fifty-three: SOMETHING UNEXPECTED ➴

〖 chapter liii: SOMETHING UNEXPECTED〗

Two Weeks Later

Wysteria kept checking her phone as she sat back against Jacob's chest, watching the rest of the Quileute boys play soccer in the sand. Jacob put his hands over her eyes as she pulled her phone out again. "Jacob." Wysteria complained. Jacob just laughed.

"Why do you keep checking your phone? I'm right here. Do you have some secret boyfriend I don't know about?" Jacob asked, half joking and half serious.

"God I hope so, I can't handle this love fest. I need some drama in my life." Becca said as she continued to sift the sand through her hands. Wysteria laughed lightly, glancing over at Jacob's sister. As promised, Rebecca had come down with Rachel a lot this summer and had been hanging around Wysteria and the rest of the pack.

When Wysteria first met her, Rebecca had sunglasses on over her eyes even though they were inside. Wysteria had laughed a little, asking her if she was okay. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." Rebecca said. "But Rachel said Paul imprinted on her when they locked eyes and it sort of sounds like the same thing happened to you and my brother and all the other imprintee's and I'm trying to avoid that drama thanks."

"That's... That's really smart actually." Wysteria said with a grin. Becca snorted.

"Really? Rachel and Jacob think I'm being paranoid." Wysteria shook her head.

"No, that's smart. I know you and Rachel don't want to... Get stuck here so if you think that by not looking at anyone properly will help then... Good for you. Take charge of your destiny. Only remove those glasses if you feel comfortable." Becca had hugged Wysteria tightly and Wysteria's heart had soared.

"I just... I haven't heard anything from Bella. I know she's on her honeymoon but..." Wysteria said, coming back to the present.

"You worry too much." Seth said next to them. Wysteria glanced over at her cousin. "They're probably living it up on that island the Cullen's apparently own. I'm sure they're just... Busy." Seth said with a slight smirk. Leah hit her brothers arm.