➴ forty-one: HAVIN' FUN IN THE SUN ➴

〖 chapter xli: HAVIN' FUN IN THE SUN〗

Jacob was standing at the edge of the woods, hands on his waist as he stared at the empty road

Jacob was standing at the edge of the woods, hands on his waist as he stared at the empty road. "Why do you have to do this?" Jacob said, in a hard tone. "Are you trying to kill me?"

"I don't know why you're so upset." Wysteria said slowly. "I'm not even the one that's hurt in Alice's vision.

"Yes you are Wysteria." Jacob said, turning around. Wysteria was surprised to see that he was crying. "You're possibly watching someone you love die and I don't want you to have to go through that again."

"I'm not going to loose you. It's not going to be you." Wysteria said, trying to remain calm.

"You don't know that!" Jacob shouted. "You don't know who it's going to be! I told you I would never leave you Wysteria. I don't want someone to take me from you and I don't want someone to kill Leah or Seth or Bella or..." Jacob stopped and clenched his jaw, running one hand over his face to stop the tears from flowing. "Wysteria please I don't want you to loose someone you love."

"We loose people all the time Jacob." Wysteria said softly. "You lost your mom. I lost my dad. We nearly lost my Uncle, Bella. Death is a part of life Jacob. It's a horribly sad part but..." Wysteria swallowed hard. "But we're going to train. All of us. We're going to get stronger and I'm going to learn how to turn vampires to stone again and we're going to protect Bella. I'm not going to let anything happen to you or them or anyone. I refuse. I refuse to..." Wysteria didn't realize she was crying until Jacob was in front of her, wiping at the tears falling down her cheeks. "I'm sorry I upset you. I just... I don't want to be afraid of my future and I don't want anything to happen to Bella and..."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry for yelling." Jacob said, kissing her forehead before hugging her tightly. "Alice was scared for you Wysteria. Why won't you listen to her, to me."

"I love you both." Wysteria said, voice slightly muffled. "And I know you both want to protect me but I'm a fucking Thunderbird." Wysteria said, pulling back slightly to look at Jacob. "I can do this." Jacob smiled softly.