➴ twenty-nine: SOULMATES ➴

〖 chapter xxix: SOULMATES〗

Wysteria took a deep breath as she and Jacob strolled through the woods outside of Emily's house

Wysteria took a deep breath as she and Jacob strolled through the woods outside of Emily's house. They hadn't said anything for close to five minutes now. Wysteria was waiting for Jacob to say something. Anything. When the five minutes were up, Wysteria couldn't take it any longer. "So what's this important thing you have to tell me?" Jacob looked over at her, running his free hand through his short hair.

"I love you." He said with a goofy grin. Wysteria rolled her eyes.

"That's the important thing. What about the whole, I can turn into a wolf thing Jacob." Jacob laughed and paused so he could look at her properly. Wysteria sighed.

"You are the most important thing in the world to me." Wysteria blushed red and looked away from his shining brown eyes.

"Shut up. Tell me about the shapeshifting." Jacob snickered as they started to walk again.

"Okay. It pertains to the important thing anyways." Wysteria shook her head at him and said nothing. She wouldn't say anything until he explained himself. Jacob took a deep breath. "Those stories we grew up on about Cold One's and the Spirit Warriors, they're not stories." Wysteria wanted to say, no shit Sherlock, but she kept her mouth shut. "You told Bella those stories about our people on the beach but... you got part of it wrong. The Spirit Warriors couldn't communicate with wolves, they could shift into them. The Spirits bonded the people of our tribe with wolves to make them stronger so they could fight against the Cold One's that were killing members of the tribe." Wysteria froze up. The Cold One's. The Cullen's.

"So you know that..." Jacob's expression darkened, as if he knew what she was going to say. He scoffed.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into hanging out with those god damn blood suckers."

"Jacob." Wysteria said with a frown. She may sort of hate Edward at the moment and the rest of the Cullen's for leaving without saying anything but she still missed them and hoped to one day see them again.

"What? They've killed our people Wysteria. They've killed others. Why should I be kind to them just because you were friends with them."

"They don't kill humans Jacob. The Cullens hunt animals." Jacob scowled.