➴ twelve: WRAITH ➴

〖 chapter xii: WRAITH〗

Wysteria became like a ghost

Wysteria became like a ghost. She flitted from class to class, from home, to car, to school and back again and never looked at, much less talked to anyone besides her mother and the occasional visit to her grandmothers. Wysteria could feel people staring at her. She could feel people talking about her and she hated it but she couldn't bring herself to pretend to be okay anymore. It took too much out of her. The only people Wysteria pretended with was Grace and Corey

Wysteria tried to keep her two Floridan friends out of the loop of her life, even though she wished she could talk to them plainly, because they were the only ones who didn't pity Wysteria, who didn't look at her sadly with the knowledge of what had happened to her. They were happy for her. They were glad that she was spending time with her family, and making new friends like Bella, even though Wysteria hadn't even really properly talked to Bella since the party. Corey had even joked, "She's replacing you with a different pale face!" Corey said, fake gasping and Wysteria let out a half laugh. Grace had rolled her eyes, her camera shaking a little when she moved her arm to flick Corey in the face.

"Well sounds like she's replacing you too. Tell me about Edward again. Is he dreamy?" Corey started to complain about how he didn't want to listen to them talk about boys and Grace promptly scolded him. "Well you're at my house and this is my phone and Ria and I are going to talk about boys." Grace had said firmly, making Corey groan.

Wysteria didn't tell them about her late night walk through the forest but she did tell them about Edward and Alice and the rest of the Cullen's she met. The story was just a little embellished and involved Wysteria accidentally running into them somewhere. Wysteria couldn't actually remember details of her lie anymore.

On one particular day where Wysteria was mimicking a wraith, she found Jacob leaning up against the wall by her locker. He clearly wanted to talk to her but Wysteria had been gently ignoring him for... A while now. She didn't want to answer his questions and couldn't handle those brilliant little smiles of his. So Wysteria said nothing as she began to open her locker. Jacob just watched her. "Little red." He said. She wasn't sure why Jacob was the only one to call her that but he was. "You're just going to ignore me?" Jacob asked.