➴ fourteen: COLD ONES ➴

〖 chapter xiv: COLD ONES〗

Wysteria checked her reflection in the mirror for the fifth time, telling herself she wasn't checking her reflection because she wanted to look cute for Jacob because she wasn't

Wysteria checked her reflection in the mirror for the fifth time, telling herself she wasn't checking her reflection because she wanted to look cute for Jacob because she wasn't. She was simply checking her reflection to see if she had on enough layers for the beach. Which was the weirdest sentence Wysteria had ever formulated in her mind. For years she has been used to wearing as little clothing as possible to the beach. She loved feeling the suns rays on her bare skin, loved walking on the warm sand but according to her mother, the beaches here were nothing like what Wysteria was used to. 

"La Push?" Her mother said. "It's rocky honey and honestly, too cold . I don't know why those kids from town want to head out there." Wysteria shrugged.

"Bella is going so I'm going." Her mother nodded.

"Well, at least it should look pretty." She said. But the sky outside was gray which meant the ocean would take on the same color. Wysteria sighed and finally left her room wearing a knit sweater and dark wash jeans with a pair of black boots. Wysteria walked out into the living room to find her mother and Jacob talking just in the kitchen. They both smiled when they saw her. 

"Hey little bird, you look cute." Her mother said. Wysteria snorted.

"I always look cute." She said with a shake of her head. Her mother laughed.

"Of course, of course. Have fun you two and sweetheart don't get into the water until it's warmer." Wysteria nodded.

"Don't worry mom I'm not trying to freeze my ass off." Wysteria said, elbowing Jacob's arm lightly. "Come on, Bella's already there and bored because half her friends are surfing." 

"Drive safe Jacob, please." Her mother said.

"I will Ms. Attakai. I promise." Jacob said. Wysteria stuck her tongue out at Jacob and he laughed as they got into his truck on opposite ends. 

"If we die, I'll kill you." Wysteria said as she buckled up.

"Hmm.. Sounds redundant." Jacob said. Wysteria half smiled at him. He had a beanie on over his dark hair and the jacket he was wearing looked two sizes too big for him.