➴ forty-two: OUR LAND ➴

〖 chapter xlii: OUR LAND〗

Wysteria did not feel prepared for the first day of school tomorrow

Wysteria did not feel prepared for the first day of school tomorrow. This was going to be a year of change. Leah, Sam, Bella, Edward and many of Wysteria's other friends were going to be graduating this year and while Wysteria anticipated that many of her Quileute friends and family wouldn't go far, she knew that the Cullen's and possibly Bella, would leave Forks, Washington and that's why she was so nervous about starting this new school year.

That and she had been having constant, nightly adventures with the wolves.

It wasn't even on purpose and sometimes, Wysteria wouldn't even find herself in the woods with them. Sometimes she just followed them in her mind in some fashion. Jasper and Sam had been unable to come to a decision about why she was so linked to them. Why could she understand what they were thinking without hearing them in her head? How could she see what they were doing without physically being there? How could the wolves even hear her when she wasn't physically there?

Jasper had thought that maybe it was because she was part demigod but... The Thunderbird legend had nothing to do with the Spirit Warriors. Sam thought it might be because she was Imprinted to Jacob but then wouldn't Emily and Rachel be having the same sort of dreams? And this had all started long before Jacob had imprinted on her so it had to be... Something else. But nobody could figure out what something else was.

Wysteria couldn't believe how quickly the summer had passed after Grace and Corey left Washington, rather tearfully she might add. Their triple double date had gone well. Dinner and a movie at Bella's house that made Charlie really happy because, as he said, "Never thought I'd see you with so many friends Bells."

"Wow dad, thanks." Bella had said with a smirk as Edward kissed her forehead.

The summer had also been completely filled with training sessions, for Wysteria, the wolves and the Cullen's. Wysteria had asked Jasper during a break in training one day, about how he knew so much about newborns and Jasper had gotten a far away look in his eyes as he began to tell her about how he was turned.

Wysteria already knew it had to happen sometimes during the Civil War but the story was a lot sadder than she anticipated. Jasper has always seemed gentle to her, aside from that one incident where he tried to rip out Bella's throat. But Wysteria never took him as a killer. The vampire who had turned him, Maria, had only used Jasper for his ability to sway emotions and for his knowledge on controlling, disciplining and training an army. Jasper felt trapped in his position and eventually left Maria and her army behind after being forced to kill one too many of his own soldiers.