➴ twenty-two: DISASTER ZONE ➴

〖 chapter xxi: DISASTER ZONE〗

Bella Swan's birthday was approaching fast and Wysteria still didn't know what to get the girl for her birthday

Bella Swan's birthday was approaching fast and Wysteria still didn't know what to get the girl for her birthday. "She loves vinyl." Wysteria muttered to herself as she and Jacob looked through rows of CD's, DVD's and VHS tapes lining the walls of the  second hand shop on the reservation. "But I don't know what she has and doesn't have." Wysteria said with a sigh.

"Well does she have..." Jacob picked a random vinyl out of a crate. "The spirit songs of the Quileute people?" Jacob showed her the cover. On it was three large wolves. The one in the center was black and Wysteria felt a little sick looking at it. She still couldn't get the question the wolf asked her out of her head and that dream had been almost a month ago. She had had no more of them since then. "Wysteria?" Jacob asked confused. He looked at the cover. "You okay?"

"Wolves scare me a little." Wysteria said lightly, looking away from the cover. Jacob smiled at her and put the vinyl down before walking closer and wrapping her up in a hug.

"Don't worry Little Red. I'll protect you from the Big Bad Wolf." Wysteria laughed and hugged Jacob back tightly.

"My hero." She said as he kissed the top of her head. Jacob had gotten a little taller over the summer. Wysteria had to push herself up a little taller to kiss him properly now and although she loves tall boys, she kind of liked being only two inches shorter than him. Now she was at least four inches shorter.

"I thought Bella didn't want to make a fuss about her birthday anyways." Jacob said as they continued to look around the shop.

"She doesn't. She absolutely loathes the idea of turning older but..." Wysteria shrugged. "Alice and I insisted on throwing a party for her. It's just going to be Bella and I and the Cullen's but it should still be fun."

"Charlie isn't coming?" Jacob asked. Wysteria shook her head.

"Bella and Charlie are celebrating her birthday together. The Cullen's and I are celebrating it with her the day after." Jacob nodded.

"Alright."

"You could come too you know." Jacob shook his head.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Wysteria rolled her eyes.