➴ twenty-eight: HOWLIN' FOR YOU ➴

〖 chapter xxviii: HOWLIN' FOR YOU〗

Wysteria was plagued with dreams when she finally managed to sleep that night

Wysteria was plagued with dreams when she finally managed to sleep that night. All of them were filled with dark storm clouds, menacing wolf eyes, and the ever present smirk on Victoria's face. Wysteria tossed and turned throughout the rest of the night, waking up significantly later than she usually does for a Sunday. Surprisingly, her mother didn't bring up the fact that she found Wysteria conversing with her shirtless boyfriend last night. She seemed to be trying to ignore the conversation altogether honestly which Wysteria was actually grateful for. She didn't have many answers of her own anyways.

For the rest of the morning and into the afternoon, Wysteria tried to focus on homework and not her phone which was receiving occasional texts from both Bella and Grace but not from the one person she wanted to hear from the most. A lump was forming in her throat and she kept nervously glancing out her window to see if Jacob would appear outside again but so far, nothing. The black and white clouds outside felt like the inside of her mind, one colorless mess.

By two-thirty, Wysteria had had enough. She was going to go talk to Jacob whether he wanted to see her or not. Wysteria grabbed up her shoes and put them on quietly, grabbing a jacket from her closet before sneaking past her mothers room, out into the living room and then out the glass door. Wysteria closed it behind her and quickly hurried across the grass to Jacob's house, drawing up her hood as she went. It looked like it was going to rain again. Thunder rumbled in the distance and Wysteria knocked on Jacob's front door. Billy Black appeared and sighed a little when he saw her. He pushed open the door.

"Is... Jacob home?"

"He's asleep." Wysteria looked down at the ground. Billy was blocking  most of the door. Wysteria wasn't sure if she would be able to slip past him but... The side door for the kitchen was always open and if Wysteria ran around to the side, she could slip in and go to Jacob's room before Billy could stop her. Billy seemed to sense her plan.

"Wysteria don't..."

"I have to see him." Wysteria ran around the side of the house and pulled open the kitchen door. Billy was calling for her and she spotted him in the hallway as she ran to open Jacob's room. Sure enough, when she opened the door, Jacob was passed out on his bed. He was still wearing those shorts from last night but now he also had a tank top on. Wysteria pursed her lips staring at him. He looked so peaceful. Wysteria took a deep breath and slowly closed the door before turning to face Billy. "I... Sorry." Wysteria said. Billy sighed.