➴ thirty-eight: ANNIVERSARY ➴

〖 chapter xxxviii: ANNIVERSARY〗

"Show me again." Jacob said with a smile. Wysteria closed her eyes and pictured the slivers of lightning wrapping around her hands, wrists and over her arms. She felt Jacob slowly run one hand up the length of her arm. The electricity crackled between them as he did but apparently, it didn't hurt him. Wysteria smiled when she opened her eyes and saw how the tendrils of light moved up his arm as he touched her. "This is how I feel around you all the time." Jacob said with a stupid grin. Wysteria let the electricity fade before she punched her boyfriend in the chest lightly.

"Cheesy." Jacob laughed.

"It's true though! When I imprinted on you it was like... Like I was struck by lightning Wysteria. I love you more than anything." Wysteria blushed hard.

"I know but do you have to be so cheesy about it?" Jacob laughed and leaned in to kiss her lightly.

"Can't help it. Our one year anniversary is coming up you know?" Wysteria did know and she also knew Jacob was planning something special that he refused to tell her about.

"I know and I'm glad Jasper is letting me off the hook for tomorrow. I think that's mostly Alice's doing but..." she shrugged. Jacob pursed his lips, pushing Wysteria's hair  out of her eyes lightly. He still hated it when Wysteria brought up the fact that she was working with the Cullen's, spending every other day off the reservation with them. It had been Jasper's idea to see her every Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and occasionally on Saturday.

"You want to get stronger right? This is how you do it." Jasper had said. Wysteria couldn't argue with him there. Each time that Wysteria came back, mentally and physically drained, but still alive Jacob became a little more at ease.

"If he didn't let you come with me I would've ripped his head off." Wysteria rolled her eyes.

"Jasper is nice. Don't be mean." Wysteria said. Jacob rolled his eyes.

"How nice could he be? He's a vampire." Wysteria shook her head at him and wandered further into her house, Jacob trailing after. 

"You gotta get over that whole vampire thing. It's not a big deal."