➴ forty-nine: DEATH WISH ➴

〖 chapter xlix: DEATH WISH〗

"Do you have a fucking death wish?" Wysteria asked quietly as she squeezed her boyfriends hand tightly

"Do you have a fucking death wish?" Wysteria asked quietly as she squeezed her boyfriends hand tightly. He was lying on his bed shirtless, bloodied bandages wrapped around his chest but otherwise he looked fine. Jacob chuckled.

"No."

"You do though." Wysteria murmured, running her thumb over the back of Jacob's hand. "You're always complaining that I'm not careful but look who got fucking hurt." Jacob rolled his eyes.

"I'm not the one who threatened the Volturi, the apparently scariest group of vamps to walk the Earth." Wysteria blushed red and sat up a little.

"They threatened us first." Wysteria said with a frown.

"Doesn't mean you should pick a fight with them! I leave for twenty minutes and you try to start another vampire war." Jacob said with a roll of his eyes.

"I would've won." Jacob smiled.

"That I don't doubt."Jacob said. Wysteria breathed out slowly and kissed Jacob's cheek. He arched an eyebrow at her. "That's it?" Wysteria laughed. "I would've expected a little more love than that seeing as I nearly bled to death on the battlefield."

"Don't call it a battlefield that makes it sound more epic than it really was." 

"How was the fight not epic? There was a bunch of supernatural beings hashing it all out." Jacob said. Wysteria laughed a little. "What signifies an epic battle to you?"

"I don't know... Swords maybe."

"Well fuck, Wysteria." She grinned at him before Jacob slowly tried to sit up. He winced and Wysteria pushed his shoulder back.

"Don't get up. Do you need something cutie? I'll get it for you." 

"I'm tired of lying around. I'm not even hurt that badly anymore." Jacob said. Wysteria frowned at him. 

"You were just complaining ten minutes ago that it still hurts to breathe. I know you have advanced healing but it's not that fast Jacob." Wysteria said. He huffed and continued to sit up anyways.