➴ sixty-two: NEWBORN➴

〖 chapter lxii: NEWBORN 〗

"It's happening." Wysteria gasped and stood up excitedly, looking towards Edward and feeling like she should jump up and down with excitement. Edward smirked at her, reading her thoughts.

"Really? Right now?" Edward nodded and Wysteria really did squeal this time, excited. "Oh my god! I can't wait. She's going to love Renesmee." Wysteria said happily, looking towards Jacob who was holding the little bundle of joy and pointing outside at Leah and Seth who were apparently in wolf form judging by how Jacob was referring to them.

"That gray one is Leah." Jacob said. Renesmee cooed and touched his cheek lightly. Jacob got a faraway look in his eyes and then smiled at Renesmee and then up towards his friends. "She get's it. She knows who is who." Jacob said with a laugh. Edward smiled. "And did I hear correctly, Bella is waking up?"

"Carlisle said it won't be long now." Edward said. "I better get back to her. I want to be there when she wakes up." Edward said.

"Everyone else..." Wysteria said slowly.

"Everyone will be on standby in case Bella's bloodlust is... Too much for her to control." Wysteria nodded, swallowing hard. It had been decided that Jacob, Wysteria and Renesmee would be in the room farthest away from where Bella was. It was their hope that Jacob's smell would be so strong that Bella wouldn't want to go in their direction for a while.

"I don't smell that bad guys right?" Jacob had demanded.

"Dude sometimes you absolutely reek." Emmett said. Jacob rolled his eyes and looked to Edward whose opinion apparently mattered more than Emmett's. Edward smirked a little.

"Sometimes it's a little much Jacob." Jacob just scoffed. Leah, Quil, and Seth were also set to be in wolf form outside, an extra set of protection so that Jacob and Wysteria could run out to them and hopefully their combined efforts would be able to stop Bella. If not... The last ditch idea would be for Wysteria and the wolves to get as far away from Bella as possible with Renesmee.

"She'll be strong enough to kill you all before we can stop her." Carlisle warned. "She might not see you all as friends, just food." 

"That's wonderful." Leah had said sarcastically. "You protect a girl for months and afterwards she just wants to eat you." Wysteria rolled her eyes lightly at Leah who was just smirking.