➴ fifty-eight: BLOOD ➴

〖 chapter lviii: BLOOD 〗

Bella's condition was deteriorating

Bella's condition was deteriorating. The baby seemed healthy and strong but with each passing day, Bella looked more and more gaunt. "She looks like she's loosing blood." Edward said in a whispered conversation in the kitchen as Wysteria made herself, her hungry wolves and Bella some food. The Cullen's had fully stocked their kitchen with things the wolves, Wysteria and Bella liked and Wysteria was grateful for this. 

"We can do a blood transfusion. I've got a small stockpile of O+ blood." Carlisle said with a sigh as Seth walked into the kitchen wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. He grabbed an apple off the counter and bit into it.

"You good here Ria? Leah wants to know when food will be ready, she's starving." Seth said.

"Soon." Wysteria said, glancing over her cousin. 

"And hey, instead of a blood transfusion or whatever." Seth said, looking to Edward and Carlisle. "Why not just have Bella drink blood?" Everyone in the kitchen looked at Seth like he was crazy. "What? Baby's half vampire right? If all Bella is eating is human food, that's only feeding the human part of the baby. Feed the vampire side. Give Bella blood."

"That's... That's actually not a bad idea." Carlisle said, walking off. "Talk to Bella, Edward. We'll only do it if she's comfortable with the idea." So, with everyone gathered in the living room, eating the lasagna that Wysteria had made, Edward brought up the idea to Bella.

"Seth suggested you drink blood." Bella looked like she almost choked on her food. She coughed into her hand and Rose took her plate from her as Edward steadied Bella.

"What?" Bella croaked out. "Would that... Help?"

"Whose blood would you use?" Leah asked skeptically.

"I have some blood bags here for when we operate on Bella." Carlisle said. "We wouldn't ask any of you to donate." Leah nodded and continued to eat her food.

"I... I don't know about that." Bella said slowly, laughing lightly.

"Think of it as practice for when you're a real vampire." Emmett said. Rosalie glared at her husband who shrugged. Bella looked to Carlisle.