➴ nineteen: JUST DUMB LUCK ➴

〖 chapter xix: JUST DUMB LUCK〗

There was Wysteria's dumb luck again, working it's magic and ruining her life

There was Wysteria's dumb luck again, working it's magic and ruining her life. She had just gotten back to Forks, Washington two days ago. The moment they had arrived back at their home, thanks to Sue and Leah Clearwater, Wysteria had spotted Jacob on her porch, holding a bouquet of flowers. Her mother and Aunt Sue teased Wysteria as she blushed red, getting out of the car and wishing she had worn something better on the airplane instead of old, faded sweatpants and a dorky shirt with her middle schools logo on the front.

"Hey little red." Jacob said, holding the flowers out to her.

"You had to come over right now?" Wysteria demanded, taking the flowers from him. They were lilies and they were beautiful. Jacob laughed lightly as she smelled the flowers.

"Yeah, I wanted to see you." Wysteria rolled her eyes.

"If you had told me you were going to be here... I would've dressed cuter." Jacob grinned.

"I think you look beautiful." Wysteria shook her head.

"You're only saying that because we're going out on a date soon."

"No, I'm saying it because it's true." Wysteria sighed, smiling up at him.

"Well, help my mother unload Jaybird. I need to put these in water." Wysteria said, pulling out her keys and unlocking the door to her house.

That morning, Wysteria and Jacob planned to go out in the afternoon to La Push beach in two days. The weather was finally warm enough for them to do so and Wysteria had teased him saying, "You just want to see me in a bikini don't you." Jacob blushed red and said no and Wysteria laughed.

"Our other friends might be there and I definitely don't want them to see you in a swimsuit but... You love the beach. It was basically all you did down in Florida." It was true. Every time Jacob called her, she just happened to be at the beach. Grace and Corey demanded that Wysteria facetime with Jacob so they could meet him and while Wysteria shouted at them not to bother her, Jacob said it was okay with him so they facetimed under the shade of an umbrella. Wysteria in the middle, Grace on her right and Corey on her left. When Jacob appeared on screen, Wysteria recognized his bedroom wall and smiled. His hair was half up, half down again and her heart raced in her chest when she saw him.