➴ forty-six: ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT ➴

〖 chapter xlvi: ONCE UPON A MIDNIGHT〗

"Can we really call it a sleepover if I'm going to be the only one sleeping?" Wysteria asked

"Can we really call it a sleepover if I'm going to be the only one sleeping?" Wysteria asked. "And I don't even know how much sleeping I'm actually going to do seeing as I'm far too nervous about what's going to happen tomorrow. Alice laughed, somehow making her flannel pajama pants and cotton shirt look elegant.

"Yes, we're still calling it a sleepover." Alice said. "I can have Jasper ease your anxiety to help you sleep if you like." Alice suggested. Wysteria snorted.

"No thanks. I love Jasper but I don't want him creepily hovering around in my room like some serial killer in a movie." Alice laughed.

"He wouldn't do that! We would be outside your room. Jasper has a long reach with his powers." Wysteria shrugged.

"Okay maybe then." Alice grinned. "I... I wanted to ask by the way. You know about how Edward proposed to Bella." Alice nodded, eyes a little wide.

"I didn't know you knew."

"Bella told me." Wysteria said with a shrug. "And I'm a little pissed that Edward didn't say anything to me but whatever." Wysteria said with a smile. "Anyways I've talked to Bella about it and I mean... You're one of her best friends too. Why do you think she said no?" Alice smiled lightly.

"Edward asked me the same thing because he knows I can see the future."

"And what did you tell him?"

"Not to worry, that Bella loves him." Wysteria smiled lightly.

"I know she's worried that she's too young and that... People will think badly of her for marrying the first guy she's ever loved but... I think when you know, you just know."

"Is that what it's like with you and Jacob?" Wysteria nodded slowly.

"Yeah uhh... I don't know if I ever told you but you know how Jacob didn't speak to me for two weeks after his shift?" Alice nodded. "Well when I finally saw him and he looked like... That." Alice laughed. "I mean, I already knew I loved him but we had never said it. Those weeks without him could have killed me. I didn't have Jacob. I barely had Bella and... I didn't even have you." Alice smiled sadly at her and took Wysteria's hand. "It was probably the worst two weeks of my life. But when I finally saw him again... It just came out of me. I told him I loved him and he said he's been in love with me since we were three." Wysteria shrugged. "I just... I really don't know what I would do without him. I'd marry him in a heartbeat."