➴ fifty-five: BUMPS ➴

〖 chapter lv: BUMPS〗

Wysteria's leg shook nervously as Jacob came to a stop in the Cullen's driveway

Wysteria's leg shook nervously as Jacob came to a stop in the Cullen's driveway. Jacob glanced over at her as he put his car into park. "What's up? Why are you the nervous one in this situation?" Jacob asked. Wysteria took a deep breath.

"I just... You'll see." Jacob smiled a little.

"I guess so." Wysteria glanced back up at the house and suddenly, Alice and Jasper were there at the steps, smiling lightly. Wysteria got out of the car and waved.

"Hello." Alice called out. 

"How is... Everyone?" Wysteria called back. Alice glanced towards Jacob.

"Bella is fine." Jacob closed his door and Wysteria chewed on her bottom lip as he walked around the car.

"Bella's home? I thought she was sick in Italy somewhere." Jacob said. Wysteria took a deep breath and shook her head.

"No Bella's uhh... She's been home for almost three weeks now." Wysteria said.

"That's the secret you've been keeping." Jacob asked with a snort. "Ria, you really didn't have to hide the fact that your best friend is home." Wysteria said nothing. "She... She is okay right?"

"She is." Wysteria said.

"Is she..." Jacob pantomimed vampire fangs and Wysteria hit his chest lightly as her boyfriend laughed. She was glad Jacob was joking around right now. It made her feel a bit more at ease. "Cause then this would all make sense. You know the pack knows that Bella wants to be a vamp right?" Wysteria arched an eyebrow at him.

"They do?" Wysteria said. Jacob shrugged. "Why haven't they said anything?"

"It's like a don't ask don't tell thing. We won't tell the Elders so long as the Cullen's can keep her under control when she vamps out." Wysteria made a mental note to thank Sam for this as she and Jacob slowly approached Jasper and Alice. "So if she doesn't have a ravenous craving for blood then..." Wysteria sighed.

"It's best if you see." Wysteria said lightly as Alice pulled her into a hug. Jacob took a deep breath.

"Alright, let's go see Bella then." Jacob said. Alice and Jasper led the way, Alice trying to make small conversation as they walked into the living room. When Wysteria spotted Bella, she saw that her friend was sitting down, a blanket covering her. Wysteria smiled brightly at Bella who smiled too upon seeing her. Wysteria could see how pale she was though. She looked drained, tired. Maybe the baby really was drinking her blood.