➴ twenty-four: TIME FLIES ➴

〖 chapter xxiv: TIME FLIES〗

October

Wysteria didn't know where the time had gone. It had been a month since the Cullen's disappeared from Forks and Wysteria tried not to think about them unless she was with Bella because they were all should could talk about. Just last week, Bella had read out to her the last email she had sent to Alice. Her emails never go through though so Wysteria doesn't know why Bella keeps sending them. It was probably for Bella's own sanity more than anything else.

Wysteria spent most of her time either at school, her home, Bella's, or Jacob's. Jacob had complained one day at school that he never sees her anymore unless they're at school or she drops off food for him and his dad and Wysteria had laughed at him as he pouted. "I miss you." He complained as he leaned up against her locker.

"Don't be a baby. One of my best friends is..." Wysteria sighed "Depressed." Jacob pursed his lips.

"I know I just... I miss summer. We hung out almost everyday."

"And we still hangout everyday." Wysteria assured him. She had purposefully switched her schedule around to have more classes with Jacob, though she didn't tell him that. But Wysteria did feel bad that they rarely hung out after school or on the weekend. So she made a point of going over to his house every Saturday night to watch a movie with him and his dad. They always let her choose and Wysteria was quickly running out of DVD's to bring over.

Leah had also finally talked to Leah about Sam's odd behavior. She hadn't noticed exactly, being wrapped up in her own drama, Cullen drama and Jacob, that Leah and Sam stopped hanging out at school. Wysteria slowly approached her cousin one day at lunch to ask why. Leah was sitting with a bunch of the other junior girls. Leah had called them all friends of friends before, meaning she wasn't really close to anyone at the table. Leah herself wasn't even engaging in conversation with anyone when Wysteria walked up. Leah gave her a wary smile as she sat down. "Not gonna sit with your boyfriend?" Wysteria shook her head.

"Leah... Did something happen between you and Sam?" Leah cringed. "I'm... I'm sorry I just noticed but you never talk about him. You never even... I mean you were friends first and now you don't even sit with him at lunch." Wysteria couldn't imagine Sam and her cousin not being friends, even if they had broken up.