➴ fifty-seven: FAMILY ➴

〖 chapter lvii: FAMILY 〗

Wysteria was sitting in her living room reading a book, her mom making lunch in the kitchen when Wysteria felt a giant wave of anger wash over her and then heard the howls of the wolves around the entire reservation

Wysteria was sitting in her living room reading a book, her mom making lunch in the kitchen when Wysteria felt a giant wave of anger wash over her and then heard the howls of the wolves around the entire reservation. Wysteria gasped and clutched at her head, it was pounding like a drumbeat. "Wysteria?" Her mother asked, coming out of the kitchen and looking at her daughter in worry and fear. Tendrils of electricity were wrapping around Wysteria, her clothes smoking as she shook like a leaf, her hands in her hair. "Sweetheart?" Wysteria looked to her mother, lightning in her eyes. 

"No." Wysteria said and before her mother could say anything else, Wysteria ran out of her house, wings bursting from her back and carrying her off into the forest where she could feel the wolves congregating.

Jacob had had an idle thought. He had exposed Bella, the Cullen's. The pack was seething. 

We should kill them. All of them.

Whatever that thing is, it's dangerous.

This is against the treaty!

We have to act quickly. 

Wysteria spotted them from miles away, the wolves all running to a central location in the forest, shouting at one another. Jacob was trying to reason with them but his voice was getting drowned out. Leah and Seth hadn't said anything yet but Wysteria could feel their shock. Just as they all met in the clearing, Wysteria dropped down heavily in their midst, electricity rolling over every portion of her. Through her hair, her wings, the spaces between her fingers. Sam growled at her and dark clouds began to roll over Forks, Washington. 

"If you want Bella, you'll have to get through me." Thunder crashed overhead. 

How could you keep this from us! Sam barked at her. We're your pack, your family. 

We overlooked Bella wanting to become a vampire but we can't over look this. Paul said. Wysteria bared her teeth.

"It's none of your goddamn business that's why!" Wysteria snapped at them, turning in a circle to look each and every wolf in the eye. Over the course of the year so far, two more boys had joined the ranks. They were in Seth's class, juniors and they had never seen Wysteria's full form before. They cowered as she glared at them. "You're telling me that you all want to kill Bella? Kill a baby? What kind of sick twisted people are you? We just spent all of last winter trying to protect Bella."