➴ twenty-three: GOING, GOING, GONE. ➴

〖 chapter xxiii: GOING, GOING, GONE

〖 chapter xxiii: GOING, GOING, GONE.〗

Wysteria didn't hear from the Cullen's for a week and neither did Bella

Wysteria didn't hear from the Cullen's for a week and neither did Bella. No matter how hard she tried, Wysteria couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. Bella had gotten hurt sure but, it wasn't something life threatening. Had Wysteria's comments in her head really shaken Edward up that much? But it wasn't just Bella and the Cullen's that she was worried about. She had had another dream about the wolves.

Wolves. Plural.

The dream had started out with Wysteria next to the large, black wolf. He was running through the trees, nothing new. Wysteria could sense that the wolf was chasing something again but it wasn't Victoria it was another, giant wolf. The black wolf howled and the slightly smaller grey wolf echoed his cry. Wysteria remembered laughing. The lone wolf had found a friend. He wouldn't sound so lonely now in her head. "I'm glad you found a friend." Wysteria said. She wasn't sure if the wolves heard her, this was a dream after all, but they kept racing, bounding through the forest and then quickly disappeared. When Wysteria woke up, she actually smiled.

But on Friday, a week after Bella's birthday, Wysteria was just about to sit down for dinner with her mom and grandma when she got a call from  Charlie Swan. "Hello? Charlie?"

"Hi Wysteria is... Is Bella with you?"

"Bella isn't with me Charlie. I'm sorry is something wrong?" Wysteria asked. Her mother and grandmother looked up with concern.

"It... It might be nothing. To tell you the truth though, I'm minutes away from sending out the whole police force to find her." Charlie laughed nervously. "Could you just call Edward or one of the other Cullen's to see if Bella is with them? I tried to find the Doc but he's not on call at the hospital today and nobody could reach his phone." Odd, Wysteria thought.

"Yeah, I'll call Edward." Wysteria said. "I'll get back to you." As she and Charlie hung up, her mother and grandmother asked her what was wrong but Wysteria didn't answer. Instead she dialed Edward's number and put her phone to her ear. Wysteria heard three little beeps and then a recorded voice saying that the number she was trying to reach was out of service. Wysteria felt her blood run cold. She checked the number once, twice and dialed again. Same results. She tried one more time before giving up and going to Alice's contact name in her phone. Wysteria sighed in relief when the phone rang but it only did it that one time and then the message began to play again. Just with Edward's phone, she tried twice more and then panicked.