➴ thirty-six: BIRDS OF PREY ➴

〖 chapter xxxvi: BIRDS OF PREY〗

After a short argument between Wysteria and Jacob, over whether or not it was okay for Wysteria to drive Jacob's car even though she didn't have a license, the three friends got into two separate cars and started to drive to the Swan house

After a short argument between Wysteria and Jacob, over whether or not it was okay for Wysteria to drive Jacob's car even though she didn't have a license, the three friends got into two separate cars and started to drive to the Swan house. Wysteria had told Jacob to go with Bella in her truck so he could keep Bella warm. "I'm fine. Bella is freezing though. Please just go with her." Wysteria had won this argument but she almost hadn't won the argument about Jacob's car.

"You only have a permit Wysteria and it's not even with you."

"Charlie Swan isn't going to pull me over and I'll be careful. It's not raining right?" Wsyteria said, pointing at the sky. Low thunder rumbled and Jacob frowned. Wysteria shrugged it off though. "I can do this. I'll just follow you two. How else are we going to get back Jacob?"

"Well you could go home..." Wysteria half glared at him and with Bella freezing her ass off, Jacob finally relented and handed Wysteria the keys to his car. 

When they got to Bella's house, Wysteria carefully parked behind Bella's truck and jumped out with a big grin on her face. "Told you I wouldn't wreck your baby." Wysteria said proudly, patting the metal of the hoos. Jacob sighed and walked over to Wysteria. Cupping her face in his hands, he gave her a lingering kiss and said,

"You're my baby. I was worried about you, not my stupid car."

"Well, I'm fine too Jaybird." Wysteria said with a smile feeling like her heart was melting. The two girls headed inside without Jacob who said he was going to shift in the woods and tell Sam and the others about what had happened. He jogged off and Wysteria smiled watching him go. When they got inside, Bella turned on the heater and immediately went to take a shower as Wysteria lounged in the Swan living room flipping through TV channels. 

When Bella got out of the shower and came back downstairs, Jacob still hadn't come back. Wysteria figured he was having a heated discussion with Sam. Wysteria had already texted her mom and told her briefly what had happened, explaining she might be home a little later than expected. "Your dad's not off work yet?"