➴ sixty: ANGEL OF DEATH ➴

〖 chapter lx: ANGEL OF DEATH 〗

Lightning streaked the sky as Wysteria stepped out the front door carrying Renesmee

Lightning streaked the sky as Wysteria stepped out the front door carrying Renesmee. "Wysteria what are you doing?" Jacob said, quickly following after her.

"Wysteria, give me Renesmee." Rose commanded. Wysteria had never seen Rose look so afraid before.

"I've got this. Trust me. Edward does." Wysteria said just as her wings pushed out and a large roar of thunder sounded overhead. The pack was snarling and seething just on the outskirts of the Cullen Household. Emmett, Jasper, Seth, Quil, Leah and Alice were all standing guard, not letting them get any closer. The pack out numbered them only slightly before Carlisle, Esme, Jacob, Rose and Wysteria stepped outside and then suddenly they were evenly matched.

"Stop this Sam!" Wysteria said, trying not to speak too loud and careful to not let herself become electrified. "What are you going to gain from this?" 

"Wysteria, you're holding Renesmee, go back inside." Jasper said.

"No, they need to see this right now or nothing's going to change." Wysteria said, not bothering to ask the barrier of wolves and vampires to move out of the way. She simply flew up and dropped down closer to Sam Uley.

"Wysteria!" Jacob shouted. Wysteria heard him shift, defenses on high alert, before he rushed to her side. Wysteria half glanced at her over protective boyfriend and tried not to roll her eyes and smile.  

"Look at me Sam." Wysteria commanded. 

Just step back Wysteria. We don't want to hurt you. 

"If you're here for them, you're here for me. This is who you want right? This baby? You think she's so scary? So deadly? Look at her." Wysteria said, holding her up a little higher for the whole pack to see. Renesmee was fast asleep, curling into Wysteria for warmth. "I know you can hear her heartbeat. She's half human Sam. Don't tell me that doesn't matter to you."

We don't know what she's capable of.

"You didn't know what I was capable of? Would you have killed me?" Thunder crashed overhead. "Aren't I dangerous too?" Jacob growled next to her.