➴ forty-four: SEEING RED ➴

〖 chapter xliv: SEEING RED〗

It was happening again. Wysteria was having another dream of herself flying over Forks, Washington. Except this time, things were a little different. Instead of seeing the wolves in her vision, she was hovering near Alice and Edward Cullen. 

"Edward!" Wysteria shouted, wondering if he could hear her but Edward didn't turn her way. His eyes were firmly fixed on Bella Swans house over a mile away through the tree-line. Wysteria thought it was a little odd that Alice and Edward weren't closer but maybe they figured that Victoria or someone might go after Bella if they assumed no one was around to protect her. Besides, a mile to a vampire was like two feet. 

"No, she hasn't said anything yet." Edward said suddenly. Alice sighed.

"I don't understand." Alice murmured. "She loves you. That's evident enough. I don't know why she wouldn't want to marry you." Edward shrugged.

"She thinks she's too young." Alice giggled.

"Thats funny. She's always complaining about how old she is." Alice said with a small smile to her brother. Edward smirked. Wysteria floated closer to Edward, wondering if she could touch him. Before she got the chance too though, she felt a tug in her gut and Wysteria immediately looked towards Bella's house where she somehow saw a flash of movement. Edward growled and in an instant, Edward, Alice and Wysteria were outside of Bella's house. There in the Swan's open backyard was a boy that Wysteria recognized from all the missing persons fliers. It was Riley Biers. He was holding something in his hand and Wysteria swore her blood was boiling. That was one of Bella's shirts.

Thunder rumbled loudly and lightning struck the ground violently. "What do you want!" Wysteria demanded at the same instant that Edward and Alice gasped in surprise.

"Wysteria?" Alice whispered but Wysteria was glaring at Riley who was eyeing her with a mixture of awe and confusion. His bright red eyes seemed to pierce right through her soul. It unnerved Wysteria. It reminded her of their encounter with Laurent. Wysteria reached out with her hand and lightning rained down on Riley but he was always just slightly faster than Wysteria's lightning. Riley smirked and before anyone else could do anything, he shot off into the forest.