➴ nine: IZZY BIRD ➴

〖 chapter ix: IZZY BIRD〗

The rest of the school week was less chaotic than that first day

The rest of the school week was less chaotic than that first day. Wysteria had started school at the Reservation on a Wednesday so the weekend came fairly quickly. Between getting settled in with her classes, getting settled in at home, and sending constant updates out of Forks and into Florida, Wysteria felt like she was constantly moving, constantly doing something. At least she felt a little more comfortable around Jacob. He had stopped by her locker on Friday as she tried to get it open and had laughed when she had to hit it several different times to get it open. "I'm sure there's an easier way to do that." He said. 

"Yeah, removing the whole door probably." Jacob had snickered. She still didn't talk to him much in history or speech but she at least talked to him before their science class. 

"You ready to see Bella? She's only coming from Ariziona so she'll probably be a lot less tired than you were when you first got here."

"Are you sure it's okay if I come?" Wysteria asked nervously. "She might not even remember me. I can barely remember her." Jacob shrugged.

"Don't worry about it. Bella's nice, from what I can recall." Wysteria was still unsure though and had talked it over with Leah and her mother at two different points.

"The Swan girl is harmless. She's honestly probably going to be more scared of you. I remember her being really skittish." Leah said with a slight frown, looking off into the distance as she recalled a memory. 

"Bella's a sweet kid. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you little bird." Her mother told her. So on Saturday morning, despite her fears and despite barely knowing Jacob or his father Billy Black, Wysteria and her mother walked down the road to their house around ten in the morning, ready to head over to Charlie's house. Her mother rang the doorbell and when the door opened, Wysteria expected to see Jacob. Instead, a man in a wheelchair pushed open the screen door, smiling at them warily. Wysteria was frozen with shock. She hoped it didn't show on her face. Had Billy Black always been in a wheelchair? She couldn't remember.

"Ah, Wysteria and Celosia. It's good to see you both." Wysteria tried to crack a smile.

"Hello Mr. Black." She said politely. He waved her way