➴ eleven: A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT ➴

〖 chapter xi: A FEVER YOU CAN'T SWEAT OUT〗

Wysteria was standing just outside the largest, prettiest house she had ever seen

Wysteria was standing just outside the largest, prettiest house she had ever seen. It looked like one out of those magazines about celebrities houses. It was mostly windows on the outside and it was two stories. Wysteria could see at least one other person inside, peering down at her from the second story. She was blonde and intimidatingly pretty. She also looked to be around Wysteria's age. Was that Edward's sister? "You live here?" Wysteria demanded as Edward walked up the steps to his house. The rain was subsiding but the clouds still rumbled every now and then with lingering thunder. Edward glanced down at her with a small smile.

"Yeah, come on. You're shivering. It's warmer inside." Wysteria slowly followed. The blonde from the window had disappeared and Wysteria pursed her lips. Should she really enter a strangers home? Wysteria sneezed. Yup, she was going to enter a strangers home. Wysteria took the steps two at a time and Edward smiled at her as she rushed past him to get inside. Wysteria looked around slowly, feeling like she had entered another realm. Everything was so clean and modern. It barely looked lived in. Did people actually live here?

"Dad!" Edward called out. "I'm back." A man appeared at the top of the stairs. He was blonde and looked to be only in his mid thirties, almost a little too young to have a son as old as Edward.

"Oh my, you're both drenched." The man said, coming down the stairs quickly. He touched Wysteria's arm lightly. "You look to be about my daughters size. We'll get you into some or her clothes. Alice!" He called up the stairs. Instead of the blonde, like Wysteria had thought, a smaller girl with pixie hair and cute features appeared. She was wearing what looked like silk pajama pants and a faded blue shirt.

"Oh no, come upstairs with me. I'll get you dry." Alice said with a warm smile, holding out her hand. Wysteria looked to Edward feeling a little weird. What time was it? Why did it seem like everyone in this family was awake? Only Alice seemed to be wearing actual clothes to sleep in. Edward and their dad were in jeans and Mr. Cullen even had on a button up shirt. Edward nodded lightly and Wysteria sighed before heading up the stairs. She took Alice's hand. She also felt really cold. What was with this family?