➴ thirty-five: LEAP OF FAITH ➴

〖 chapter xxxv: LEAP OF FAITH〗

"So you weren't lying." Leah said softly. Wysteria shook her head.

"No, I wasn't." The hospital room was filled with small beeping noises and the occasional sniffle from Seth Clearwater. The younger boy was staring out the hospital window at the rain hitting the glass. Surprisingly, the storm wasn't actually Wysteria's doing this time.

"So you're a Thunderbird then or whatever." Leah's eyes never looked up from her father's unmoving form. Wysteria nodded.

"Apparently I can make storms, thunder, lightning, turn things to stone."

"Teleport." Seth said, startling Wysteria. She looked over at her cousin confused.

"No, I don't think I can do that." Seth shrugged.

"Well, you weren't there and then suddenly... Poof." He said softly. Wysteria almost smiled.

"Yeah I... I still don't know how I do that. I seem to be.. In tune with the wolves though."

"Are we in your head?" Leah said.

"No." Leah's jaw tightened.

"Why can I feel everything they're feeling? Everything my brother is feeling? I don't want to know how worried Jacob is about you at the moment or how hungry Embry is. I don't care about any of that." Wysteria pursed her lips and nodded. "And why are you in here telling us instead of our oh so courageous Alpha." Leah's lips curled in disgust at the word.

"He thought you might accept it more if you heard this all from me." Leah said nothing. Seth rubbed at his cheeks, drying what was left of his tears. "I'm sorry this happened to you, to both of you. Seth is... Is too young for the shift. It should've happened in the next couple of years and..." Wysteria paused. "Jacob told me not long ago that there's never been a girl who shifted before." Leah finally looked up at her.

"What?"

"I... yeah that's what I said when Jacob told me. I suppose Sam or someone is talking to Quil's great-grandfather right now about it."