A Shining Day 🌜1

It was a beautiful day, the sky is bright but the sun is behind the clouds. A perfect day to sit still on the rooftop. I was listening to some classical music while admiring the calmness of the day.

Looking below the campus grounds I can see my schoolmates walking about, some are sitting on benches doing homeworks and projects, and a lot of them are just chit chatting or goofing around.

You'll hear distant laughs if you're not wearing headphones like me. All I can hear is a relaxing piano playing, Claire de Lune by Debussy is what I'm specifically swaying my hands to at the moment.

The music stopped as it was time for the next track to play when I heard the door to the rooftop opened. I slowly turned around and saw a tall, fine looking guy walking out into my paradise.

Yes, the rooftop was my paradise, away from people, away from the deafening noise of the world.

It's not that I hate people or interacting with people, I can actually be social and loud whenever I feel like it. I just need a break from these social interactions from time to time to recharge.

The guy was looking intently at his phone, slowly walking towards me. It looks like he's on his own world too and seems unaware of my presence. I was about to turn around and go back to observing the people on the grounds when I noticed that he was about to step on a little kitty!

"STOOOP!" I yelled while my hands are both gesturing for him to do so, like barking at him is not enough.

He looked very startled, he was frozen, both hands holding his phone, eyes wide open looking at me while his right foot is only a few inches above the cute little fur baby.

I felt bad for yelling at him, more like embarrassed.

"ummm...yu-yung kuting m-matatapakan mo" I said.

He looked down and saw the kitty sleeping and quickly took a step back.

I quickly walked towards him to get the little creature. I took it in my arms and made sure it was not hurt.

He was just looking at us, like he has not yet fully processed what happened.

"hala sorry di ako nakatingin, muntik na" he said while scratching his head looking so guilty.

"it's ok, di mo naman ata intensyong tapakan sya" I replied while stroking the little one to sleep.

"buti na lang andito ka kung hindi baka natapakan ko na sya, hayy" it looked like he really felt bad for what would have happened to the poor creature.

"don't feel bad, safe naman sya, walang nangyareng masama"

"pero kasi muntik na, pano na lang kung natapakan ko talaga sya"

"what's meant to happen will happen pero, the fact na nandito ko today and stopped you meant hindi ka destined to be a cat murderer"

He chuckled, he looked so cute with his gummy smile.

Actually he's really cute, he was wearing a white oversized hoodie, dark gray denim pants and white shoes. Sporting the infamous "bunot hairstyle" like he invented it...char.

Oh...I just noticed, we looked like a couple as I'm wearing a white oversized hoodie with a big paw print in front, a gray denim skirt and yes...white shoes.

No, I don't have the "bunot hair" gosh, my hair is just above the shoulder, tied in half ponytail.

"grabe ka sa cat murderer" he said.

"atleast you're not" I replied with a chuckle while walking around to check where mama kitty is to give back her baby.

By this time he has put his phone in his back pocket, while his hands are now inside his hoodie pocket. He was just there, walking behind me.

"what's meant to happen will happen?" he asked, quoting my quotable quote...char

"hmmm...oo baket?" I asked.

"hmmm...wala lang, so kahit pag hirapan ko kung di nakatakdang mangyare di mangyayare?"

"parang ganun na nga"

"nakakalungkot naman, edi sayang effort ko ganun?"

"di ko alam kung anong pinag uusapan natin haha...pero di sayang yung effort mo, do your best para wala kang pagsisihan, it's better than just waiting for something to happen"

"kahit mag fail ako sa huli?"

"oo...atleast you tried, kesa mag wonder ka buong buhay mo na what if ginawa ko to? what if sinubukan ko?"

"thanks" he said while beaming his gummy smile again.

I was about to ask him what was that for when my phone rang. It was my mom.

After hearing what she called about, I said bye to Mr. Sunshine (I didn't know his name and he shines when he smile so I'll just call him that) then quickly went out of my paradise.

🌜🐕🐈to be continued🐈🐕🌜