8.76

"I can't promise this will work. I can't even say there's a chance, but-"

"If Tamaki trusts you, I trust you!" Mirio smiled down at Adaliah, Sir nighteye (WHOSE NOT DEAD) keeping a careful watch over them. 

"You said you could see their quirk genes with the new level of your quirk, correct?" Nighteye quirked a brow, watching as Adaliah nodded. "The bullet and it's contents attacked his quirk genes straight on. If our theory is correct, you'd be able to get to them directly and possibly heal them. " 

Adaliah huffed before shrugging, activating her quirk before grabbing Mirio's hands. Closing her eyes, small double helixs highlighted her vision, all sorts of colors lacing them. Everything from light blues to bright reds, but as she looked further, she could see one helix shattered and cracked to bits.

That must've been Mirio's quirk gene. Urging herself, small yellow streams connected with the helix, wrapping around it like a ribbon. Slowly the pieces began getting closer and closer to each other, some even healing the cracks between them. As she tried fixing it further though, her quirk began sparking and flicking out, ultimately diminishing as Adaliah gasped- eyes flying open. 

Hands landed on her arms as she shook her head, trying to recollect her thoughts.  

"There's a lot of damage, but I managed to fix some of it, with time and more sessions, the genes should be healed, but I can't make any promises on the quirk." 

Mirio smiled brightly. "And that's a-okay! Thank you for helping me out, it means a lot!"

Adaliah only smiled back before standing to leave, waving as she left to go back to her dorm room, Mirio, Tamaki and Nighteye all watching as she left.  A soft tension in the air, Mirio looking down to his hands. Setting them on the bed, he was surprised as his hands fell through, falling back until his arms didn't let him. 

It was small, but it was something, his quirk was coming back! All thanks to a small, white-haired omega. 

<>~<>~<>~<>

"I bet the drums are much too hard for ya!" Sero laughed as he held a pair of drumsticks, Katsuki growling before grabbing them and sitting before the drum set. He was incredible, no doubt, but Adaliah wasn't focusing on that, only humming as she tapped a tune onto her textbook, finishing one question after another- easily catching up on her school work.  Her headphones were in on full blast as she listened to american music, on full blast, bopping her head as she circled her answers. 

Lines and lines of work was above it, so it was crucial to show which part of her answer was her final piece of work.  She could tell she let out a few words every now and then, but knew it was most likely drowned out by her classmates. 

"I need somebody to heal, somebody to know~" Adaliah hummed, standing with a stretch as she collected her worksheets, finally finished. "Somebody to have, somebody to hold~."

The rest of the melody was sweet and serene as she made a mix of humming the parts she didn't quite know and singing those she did softly. Some where along the way her hips swayed with the beat as she spun slowly to walk to the stairs- trying to get to her room. 

"I guess I liked the way you numbed all the pain..." A hand on her shoulder had Adaliah startled to the point her headphones fell out as she whipped around to face the perpetrator, Jirou standing there smiling. 

"Uhm...Hi?" Adaliah was further spooked as she realized that there were a lot more people watching her than she anticipated.  

"That was Lewis Capoldi, right? Somebody you loved?" Jirou asked eagerly, the white-ette nodding slowly.