7.66.

"Their young head, Chisaaki." 

Adaliah looked up. She could barely hear Nighteye over the sound of her heart pounding through her ears. What she saw and heard shook her to the bone. That was the man with Eri.

"His quirk, overhaul. He can disassemble things and reassemble things, to completely break down matter. And a bullet that can break down quirks." 

Adaliah swallowed tightly, holding her hands to her mouth as she looked at the picture, horrified that she didn't fight harder to get Eri away from that man. Echoes of Eri's pleads rang through her ears as she looked down, trying not to cry. She wanted to scream, run and save Eri. She wanted to do something other than sit here, hating herself. 

It was all coming full circle. 

Someone abused a little girl.

She lost her chance at freedom.

And now, it's biting her in the butt for not helping someone in the same position.

<><><><>

The wind blew in gentle sweeps across her face, pushing the slow tears ever so backwards. Light oranges, pinks and purples dusted her facial features as she leaned against one of the front columns near the entrance, arms crossed and eyes closed. At this point she couldn't tell if she was numb, content or just plain senseless. Everything just felt the same. 

"I thought I'd find you out here, Nyx."

Yellow eyes popped open at the voice and steps directed towards her; green hair soon popping into view. She didn't move though, barely even sparing him a glance before turning her attention forward again.

"How can I help you,  Sir Nighteye?" Her voice sounded seconds away from cracking, betraying the girl as her eyes watered even more.

The ex-sidekick huffed before moving to stand beside the girl, looking forward. "Your strong."

A hum came from the omega but nothing more, so he continued. 

"You've been strong since you were young. I've talked with your dad, he told me about your mother. So I understand you'r close with this entire thing."

This time a deep huff escaped Adaliah before she finally faced the man. Her eyes were narrowed as she nearly growled, an angry chirp escaping her instead.

"Your missing something here. You believe I was naturally strong from the start and my mother just brought that out, when it's not like that at all. In fact it's the opposite. I'm not strong because I was born this way. I'm strong cause I needed to be. Because I needed to survive. I was a child. I didn't need to be strong! I didn't want to be 'mature for my age' . I didn't want the adults around me to look upon me with favor. I wanted to be a kid. Like Eri. She is in the exact same position I was in ten years ago; I don't really think you get why I'm close with this entire thing. I think you think you know me, so you think you can make a deduction on why I act like I do. You think you can guess how I act and what I'll say next based on the, presumably, vague explanation that my father gave you. I'm going to tell you this now. You don't know me, or why I'm so involved in this so don't act like you do. I've had enough pretenders in my life."

Adaliah's voice was never higher than a low growl, but in a way, it was almost worse. Her precise icy words nearly froze him to his place, his mouth shut. Nearly.

"Your right." Nighteye started, watching as Adaliah turned to face him (after she tried to walk into the building behind her). "I don't know you, but I know someone who does. The way that Midoriya kid talks about is like the sun, moon and all the stars were combined into one person.  He has faith that your the person who's going to solve the world's problem. Now, I'm not saying that you are, but your his solution. Him putting faith in you, puts faith in himself. The moment he signed up with my agency, he wouldn't shut up about this girl from school. He whole heartedly believes in you, and in a way, so does that little girl. Prove them your worthy of this faith, Nyx."

Nighteye inhaled deeply before placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Now, come on, Angel. We have work to get back to."

<><><><>

"I feel like your cheating."  

"I'm not sure what your talking about." 

Izuku smirked as he looked to the girl behind him, his hands clutching the rock wall in front of him, Adaliah laid back as her wings kept her in the air, the girl rising at a steady pace with the alpha. 

After the conference the first years all re-met, going under strict orders not to speak a word of Eri's situation. Not that the girl wanted to anyway. Her mind was in rambles and she was trying to ignore the world around her, especially if it involved her work studies.  

Unfortunately, it seemed the same thoughts were weighing in on Izuku as well, since when lunched rolled around, Shoto and Tenya were on them rather quickly. 

"Your not going to eat?" Shoto's soft voice broke the two's trains of thought, watching in slight amusement as they were startled up. Izuku quickly started eating while Adaliah simply waved it off as she had overused her quirk and couldn't. 

Which, wasn't entirely a lie, as she didn't overuse her quirk, she just... Didn't feel right eating while Eri was still in danger.

"Are you two alright?" Tenya asked as he looked the two, who kept their gaze down and away from the others' piercing glares.

Of course, the attentive alphas took notice of this. Reaching across the table, Shoto gripped one of Adaliah's warm hands, watching as she slowly moved her fingers to latch around his hand as well.  "You've been acting edgy and depressed since your work studies began."

"I haven't noticed anything." Adaliah shrugged, keeping her gaze anywhere but Shoto.

"If you two ever wanna talk or anything, just let me know. We're friends, right?" Tenya's voice took a softer tone then the group had ever heard it, finally bringing smiles from the two work study students. 

"We're sorry too, Tenya. You were going through so much, but none of us could tell, even though we're your friends."

"Don't tell me you forgot out internships? Back when I was acting like a fool?" 

A breathless laugh came from Adaliah as she leaned her head on her unoccupied hand, more giggles escaping her as few tears ran down her cheeks, Izuku following shortly after.  Maybe it was getting to be too much, but damn it! They had the best support behind them, they could make it!

The grip on her hand tightened as she finally looked to Shoto, only let out another series of breathless giggles. 

"Sorry," Izuku began, wiping his own tears away as well. "It's nothing."

"We wish we could tell you, honestly." Adaliah finished, giving up on rubbing her eyes. 

"I know heroes aren't supposed to cry." Izuku whimpered, trying to keep his scent under wraps.

Using his other hand, Shoto gripped Adaliah's chin with two light fingers, his eyes lighting up in their own way as they finally caught the yellow one's attention. 

"I don't know about that. I figure heroes cry when they need too...Don't they?"

"I guess they do." And with that Adaliah found herself smiling brightly once more, quickly having Soba noodles shoved in her mouth soon after.

<><><><>

Shoto: Have you ever looked up at the sky and realize that the moon is the same moon Shakespeare, Mary Antoinette and Cleopatra looked at?

Adaliah: And look at where they all ended up? Dead. The moon is killing people, WAKE UP GUYS.

-

Adaliah: Werewolf? 

Izuku:*Pointing at Katsuki*   

Izuku: Therewolf. 

Adaliah and Izuku: *Laughing their asses off*

Katsuki: I wonder why I put up with you two.

-

Shoto: We call it autumn, from the french word "Autompne" and later, the latin "Autumnus"

Adaliah: I Call it fall cuz the leaf fall down.