7.64.

The stare down was intense, but neither was budging. With Adaliah holding the girl in her arms, Izuku standing protectively over them and Mirio constantly trying to get them to leave, they were in for a fight.

"What are you doing to this girl?" Izuku damn near growled, ready to start a fight. Another whimper came from the girl as she continued to hold onto Adaliah, small tears soaking her hero outfit.

The man was silent before letting out a sigh.

"You heroes really pick up on the subtlest things, don't you? Very well. This situation is embarrassing, so I prefer to discuss it where we won't be overheard." The man turned walking down the alleyway. 

Picking up the small girl, Adaliah allowed the two males to take the lead before following, whispering hushed things to try and calm the girl. 

"Liah," Izuku's voice was quiet to the point she almost didn't hear it. "If anything happens, I want you to take her and run. Got it?"

Adaliah nodded after a second of hesitation, the man speaking once again. 

"Hard to admit you can't control your own child. But lately, Eri defies me no matter what I try."

"What do you try?" Izuku lowly muttered. 

"Parenting man, sounds rough. It can't be easy." Mirio cheerfully squeaks. 

"Yes, children are tricky.So determined to do whatever they want." The man continued, trying to discreetly reach for his glove. A horrified gasp came from the girl, Adaliah allowing stripes to etch onto her face in preparation. 

"Sometimes they just don't listen."  

The small girl quickly unlatched from Adaliah, running to the man. 

"Oh good. Done with your temper tantrum?" 

"Are you sure Eri?" Adaliah knelt to one knee again, fighting the urge to run and up and scoop the child anyway.

"She does this a lot, sorry to get you caught up in our family drama. Good luck with your internships."  The man chuckled lowly, walking away soon after, Eri in his arms

"No-!" Adaliah was stopped as she tried running after them, Izuku grabbing her and holding her close as she sobbed. He rubbed small circles into her back as she cried into his shoulder, whispering sweet nothings as he did. 

Deep down, Izuku grinned. She was slowly becoming dependent on him, and it was beautiful. He wanted to kick himself as his brain worked a million miles a minute, twisting this new feeling and trying to figure out new ways to use this to his advantage; use it against her. Make her even more dependent on him! 

Izuku was thrown out of his train of thought by a cold hand being placed on his shoulder, Mirio looking down to him.

"We'll report to sir, and get Adaliah back to her signed pro." 

<><><><>

Adaliah sat silently in Katsuki's lap, taking slight comfort in his scent as her hand toyed with strands of his hair. Ever since that incident with the small girl, Eri, she had felt... disgusted with herself. There was a girl in her very same position, and what did she do to help her? Nothing! 

She groaned as she buried herself deeper into his chest, careful of his injuries. Her and Izuku were back for the day (Nighteye and Fatgum allowing her to jump to agencies as they see fit) and currently, it seemed neither needed her, so she was free to attend school. 

And though the day went on, it seemed her mind was somewhere else the whole time. Training was tough, regular studies unforgivable, all because she couldn't focus. The echo of Eri's plead ringing through her ears. Her red crimson eyes holding that pleading look she was all so familiar with.