Chapter 7

Alice got home after she dropped the girls off at school. She chuckled to herself when she saw FP in the kitchen making some more pancakes for her and himself. "You're still here." Alice said as she sat down on a stool at the counter.

FP raised one eyebrow at her as he flipped the last pancake. "Did you think I was gonna leave?" He asked Alice and she slightly shrugged her shoulders.

"You wouldn't be the first one." Alice said quietly and as soon as the words escaped her mouth she wished she hadn't say them. 

"Hal." FP placed a plate in front of Alice before he reached for a glass. Alice never talked to FP about Hal and he never dared to directly ask her. 

Alice brought the plate a little closer and moved thinking that Hal wasn't the only one who left her. Most men, even though there weren't many, that she had dated after Hal didn't stay long with her. 

FP took his own plate and sat down next to Alice after he gave her a glass with juice. "Anyway, why did you come here last night?" Alice asked taking a bite of her food.

"I started driving and my heart brought me here." FP smiled wanting to make Alice feel better. It was true that his feelings brought him there, but even like that FP didn't want to tell Alice about what Gladys said before he got to her. 

A small smile started forming on Alice's lips and she tried to hide it by picking up her glass and taking a sip. "Or maybe you were just sexually frustrated." Alice suggested a little more serious after she put her glass down. 

FP raised his eyebrows at Alice as he cocked his head to the side. "Is that how less you think of me?" FP asked sounding offended but he just wanted to make a joke. 

Alice took it seriously and she let out a sigh. "Sorry, I guess I'm just not used to this kind of things."

FP placed his hand on her knee and squeezed it gently. "You're extraordinary and anyone who isn't seeing this is an asshole." FP told Alice and she looked up at him smiling.

Alice's smile slowly faded and she turned back to eating her food, but FP didn't let it slide like some people would. "Hey, what's going on?" FP asked, but Alice didn't look at him.

"It's not important." Alice shrugged her shoulders playing with the fork in her plate.

FP stood up and took a step so he was right next to Alice. He placed a hand on her cheek to make her look at him and she did, with a sad smile on her face. "You know you can tell me."

"I do and maybe that's what frightens me, what I'm about to tell you." Alice sighed and FP gave her a confused look. "I don't think I've ever been in love-"

"What about Hal?" FP cut Alice off right in the middle of her statement and Alice lost a bit of courage, but she wasn't stepping away, she was going through with it.

"I was in love with the idea of him, not him." Alice quickly explained not wanting to get into more details because she wanted to tell FP that 'unimportant' thing. "I don't think I've ever been in love before you."

There were a few moments of silence between them. Alice's heart was pounding in her chest waiting for FP to say something and FP was stunned by Alice's statement. He assumed she had feelings for him, but he never expected her to just admit it like that. "I'm starting to freak out here so can you please say something?" Alice asked FP and he cleared his throat.

"You're gorgeous, funny, loving, sweet and caring-"

"If there's a 'but' in there let's just forget about this-"

"There's no 'but'." FP smiled brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. His smile widened when Alice pulled him down and placed a kiss on his lips.

They both knew that FP being married wasn't the greatest thing in the world for them and it was obvious that it had to come up at some time during breakfast. "I can't do anything now, Jughead's still young-"

"I don't expect you to." Alice cut off FP. She didn't need explanation, she knew FP had to stay married for a while longer so Jughead could understand everything later. They could try and explain it to him in that moment too, but FP and Alice needed to figure out if whatever was going on between them was going to last. "We'll keep it a secret, we can do that."

"Are you sure you're ok with this?" FP asked placing his hands on each of Alice's sides and moving them up and down slowly.

Alice had a few ideas about what she was getting in. FP wasn't going to be hers and hers only because he was married to Gladys. Alice never would've considered anything like that before, but it was like FP cast a spell on her. She was crazy about him because she could be her true self around him and besides that he always managed to make her lose control around him and at the same time she was feeling most in control too.

"I am." Alice slightly nodded her head. "But you'll have to leave, the girls will come home  ina few hours and I have the day prepared for them."

"Ok." FP sighed nodded his head. "I'll go home too and spend some time with Jughead." FP smiled thinking about his little boy.

"Have fun." Alice said walking FP to the door.

Alice waited for him to put his shoes one. As FP placed his hand on the doorknob Alice grabbed him by his collar and pulled him down to her. Alice smashed her lips into his and they shared a passionate kiss. "I'll see you next week."

FP looked at Alice a little surprised but with a smile on his lips. "Can't wait."