Chapter 60

Alice had been out for hours and it was midnight when she finally got home. When she entered the house Alice saw the lights were on in the kitchen and she assumed FP was there so she walked upstairs to their bedroom, but to her surprise FP was lying in bed staring up at the ceiling. The moment he realised someone was in the room he looked that direction. "Hey." FP whispered turning slowly making sure he wasn't waking up his son who was sleeping right next to him.

"I'm sorry." Alice whispered as she played with her fingers. "All you wanted to do was help me and I was an asshole. I shouldn't have yelled at you, I'm sorry." Alice managed to look at FP and he had a small smile on his face.

"It's ok." FP said slowly nodding his head and Alice let out a sigh of relief. "Come to bed."

"No, I have to take a shower." Alice told FP and he let it like that, he didn't insist. "Can you tell me something though please?"

"What do you want to know?" FP asked even though he had a bit of an idea about what Alice wanted to know.

"Is my father going to walk me down the aisle or...?" Alice didn't finish the sentence because she knew what the answer was before FP said it by the look on his face. It wasn't certain that Michael wasn't going to come, but he didn't say yes.  

"I'm sorry, I don't think so." FP wanted to get up and hug her, but when he moved just a little bit Alice made a gesture to stop him.

"You're gonna wake Jug up." Alice told FP and he looked over at his son. FP really didn't want to wake him because they were both tired, but Jughead would be excited of Alice coming home and he wouldn't go back to sleep. "We'll all do something tomorrow, ok?" Alice asked and FP couldn't do anything else but nod. "Good night."

"Good night." FP said and as he did so Alice made her way out of the bedroom and she walked into the kitchen. Gladys was there sitting at the table with a cup of tea in her hands and another one waiting for Alice near her.

"Thought you might want to talk." It was all Gladys had to say for Alice to know that FP told her everything about what happened. Alice thought that maybe she should be mad at him about that, but she wasn't. Gladys had been FP's wife for a few years and they got to understand each other in a way, besides Gladys was actually a good person. 

Alice walked over at the table as she smiled at Gladys. "Thank you." Alice sat down near Gladys and took the cup in her hands. "So what do you think?"

"About?" Gladys asked because in those few days a lot happened and she couldn't guess. 

"My father." Alice brought one of her hands to her mouth and covered it as she yawned. She had gotten some sleep in the car but she was still pretty tired. "Do you think he'll come to the wedding or not?"

"Honestly, I don't think so." There wasn't any point in lying to Alice because she'd only be disappointed on her wedding day and Gladys didn't want to be the one causing that. "But I can talk to my father, I mean he is willing to walk you down the aisle."

"The future wife of his daughter's ex-husband?" Alice asked Gladys as she cocked her head to the side and Gladys shrugged. "Yeah, I don't think so." Alice let out a small chuckle. 

"He wouldn't mind." Gladys said with certainty, but Alice still shook her head.

"I wouldn't feel comfortable." Alice said before she took a sip of the tea Gladys made for her. "I can walk down that aisle by myself, but it would've been nicer if my father actually wanted to be there." 

"I have a better person in mind to walk you down the aisle." Gladys said and Alice became curious immediately since there was a sparkle in her eyes as she spoke.

"Who?" Alice asked leaning forward, closer to Gladys and she did the same. 

"You'll see then." Gladys laughed before she leaned back and Alice thought she had an idea as to who Gladys was referring to. 

"Not Fred Gladys, he's FP's best man and I'm not stealing him." Alice was going to take FP's name, not his best man.

"No, someone better, the greatest person on Earth." Gladys said so sure of herself. 

"If it isn't Meryl Streep then you are utterly wrong." Alice joked and Gladys laughed. "Or is it?"

"No, it isn't, but that would've been something." Gladys nodded her head, agreeing with Alice. "I won't let you down." Gladys slightly squeezed Alice's arm and Alice smiled at her. 

"You're being too nice to me." Alice told Gladys and she waved her hand in the air like it was nothing. "Thanks for this."

"You're nice and you make both FP and Jug happy. You really don't have to thank me."