Chapter 24

Alice offered to make for them some tea and FP accepted it. As soon as it was done they sat on the couch with cups in their hands and both of them were waiting for the other to talk and eventually FP was the one to start. "So how's your mom?"

"Pulling through." Alice slightly nodded. She was proud of her mother, she's never tried before like that to get her act together, but she mostly did it this time because her life was in unavoidable danger. Although Alice didn't care as long as she could finally have a mother.

"What do the doctors say?" FP asked and Alice took a sip of her tea before she started speaking.

"She might need surgery." Alice let out a loud sigh and FP asked her how the surgery would go. "The tumor is in a place that might affect her vision, or speech, I didn't really get that. What I know is that she would have to be awake while the surgery happens."

"That sounds terrifying." FP said and suddenly felt the need to get closer to Alice and show her his support, but he stood still and gave her a look that said everything.

"We'll get through this." Alice said slightly nodding, she needed that to be true. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." FP answered Alice and gave her a small smile.

"What changed your mind that day?" Alice asked and tensed while waiting for an answer.

"Alice..." FP sighed and put the cup down on the ground. Alice did the same and watch FP ger ready for what he was going to say. "Doesn't really matter."

"It does to me." Alice said nervously playing with her hands. "I've asked myself what happen a thousand of times since that night and I can't find an answer. I keep thinking I did something. I can't really believe you when you say you don't love me, I mean I did believe you, but it gets more and more weird every day that passes by because you showed your love to me many times."

FP looked away from Alice, he stared at his feet and sighed heavily as he ran his hands through his hair. The bigger part of him wanted to yell as loud as he could that he loved her to the moon and never back. "Why did you end it FP?" Alice placed a hand on his back and FP fought the urge of turning around and kissing Alice after such a long time.

"Because it wasn't fair to you." FP turned his head to look at Alice. He saw tears in her eyes and all he wanted to do was make her happy.

"Wasn't that supposed to be my decision?" Alice asked quietly. She didn't want for them to fight, just a simple talk, that was what she wanted.

"You were too in love to do the right thing for yourself." FP said and turned his whole body towards Alice.

"Were?" Alice asked FP and he knew what she meant. "It's been two weeks and it can be two years or twenty, I know I won't stop loving you." Alice's hand moved to FP's forearm and she squeezed it.

"This isn't good for you Alice." FP said taking her hand and moving it from his forearm before letting go. Alice watched him do it and a small part of her heart broke.

"I can see this hurts you too." Alice said moving closer to FP. "I'm not blind, maybe I was, but I'm not anymore." After she had time to think about everything and after she got over her pain Alice found the time to analyse FP, the look in his eyes, the sound of his voice, the way he stood awkwardly while he ended things.

"God damn it Alice, it does!" FP said taking in deep breaths. "It hurts and it sucks, but I can't do shit about it." FP ran his hands over his face and Alice grabbed them by his wrists.

"Then let's pick up from where we left off." Alice slightly smiled and that smile faded when FP shook his head. "We both want it."

"You deserve better than me." FP said standing up forcing Alice to let go of him. FP started walking around the room with Alice following his every move. The way he looked so frustrated and how he didn't know what to do with his hands was slightly amusing to Alice, but in the given situation she couldn't have laughed even if she wanted to.

"I went on a date tonight." Alice said and seeing the way FP turned to look at her she was afraid he might've broken his neck.

"What?" FP asked having a weird feeling he immediately assumed was jealousy. "With whom? Where did you go? How far did he go? Do I know hi-"

"Easy." Alice cut off FP as she stood up. "His name is Oliver, he's a doctor we had a couple of drinks. At the end of the night he kissed me." Alice wasn't answering FP's questions because he demanded an answer, the only reason she was answering was because she had a point.

FP stood still not saying a word, he was just looking at Alice with a blank expression on his face, that just until she spoke. "That's when I realised that there's no kiss like yours." Alice placed her hand on FP's cheek just as his eyes lit up.

"We can't." FP said simple and Alice shook her head.

"We can and we will, I will wait until we can be together. But I do need to know that I'm the one you'll come to, it doesn't matter if it takes weeks, months or years. I'll wait." Alice said and a tear rolled down FP's cheek. It surprised her just as much as it surprised FP.

Alice was worth everything and FP knew it. He had no idea what he was going to do next and how he was going to make it work, but he knew he couldn't let Alice go. "What do you say FP? Am I the one?"

FP nodded and tried to get himself together before he spoke. His voice sounded different, it was more emotion in it than usually and it was not a bad thing. "You're the one."