Chapter 33

It's been another few weeks and it was December. Gladys called FP the other night because she knew he had the weekend off. He had told her a while back about a place where he was going to relax at some point and Gladys remembered it was in the woods near a lake so she asked FP if he wanted to go there, just the two of them and he agreed because he didn't have anything better to do. He wanted to check on Alice and make sure she was fine though before Gladys got there so FP made his way to her trailer.

"Hey!" FP said as he entered without knocking. Alice was making herself some tea so she turned around from where she was, just a little so she could smile at FP. She was used to him just going in like that and she didn't mind at all.

"Hi, how are you?" Alice asked as FP closed the door behind him and made his way closer to her.

"Fine, what about you?" They barely spoke about anything significant ever since Alice told him that she had feelings for him. FP didn't want to bring certain things up to make her feel bad, so he left the topics of their conversation to be Alice's choice.

"Good." Alice slightly nodded turning her attention back to her tea. She wasn't good, but she was better. Susan was again under the influence of drugs and Alice had no idea what to do anymore so she gave up. If Susan wanted to do that to herself Alice wasn't going to stop her anymore, she didn't have the energy to fight her mother's battles anymore. She bought her an apartment which was on Alice's name and she did everything to make sure that financially Susan had it all, but nothing more. Alice didn't go to see her once after she first relapsed after the surgery.

"I'm going away for the weekend so I just wanted to make sure you were ok." There was no point in lying to Alice. FP was worried about her and he wasn't going to hide that.

"I'm fine." Alice rolled her eyes at FP. "Where are you going?" Alice didn't ask with who because if it weren't Gladys FP would've told her already.

"I don't know." FP shrugged his shoulders as he put his hands in his pockets. "Some place near a lake, there's a forest there, I guess."

"Oh." Alice turned back to her tea thinking of the only place she knew like that. It was supposed to be their placed and it seemed like that was gone too. "Have fun then."

"Thanks." FP smiled but Alice didn't see that. "I guess I'm going then."

"Bye." Alice said quickly and FP found it a little weird at first, but then considering everything he decided not to ask her anything.

"Bye!"

A couple of hours later Gladys was at the trailer. FP got in her car and she placed a quick kiss on his lips before she drove again, that time to the lake. FP paid a lot of attention to the road and all of a sudden when they were into the woods he knew where they were. "No." FP sighed, he couldn't believe it.

"What?" Gladys stopped the car and looked over at FP. His eyes were wide and he looked the most surprised he's ever been. "FP what happened?"

"Gladys we need to talk." FP made that decision on the spot. He remembered everything, the past year, all that happened with him and Alice, completely everything.

"What about?" Gladys didn't bother moving the car, partly because she didn't see anyone there while she drove and partly because if someone wanted to drive past her they could go around.

"Us." FP sighed and Gladys looked at him confused.

"What about us?" Gladys asked a bit afraid of FP's answer.

"We're not us anymore." FP sighed and swallowed hard. It wasn't a mistake, he had to do it and maybe he should've done that sooner. But at least he finally got the wake up call he so desperately needed. He was so close o death and one of the most important people in his life wasn't there, not the way he needed her anyway and FP wanted to change that. He wanted to make Alice happy and him himself wanted to be happy.

"What do you-?"

"Gladys, you know what I mean." FP said lowering his voice a little. "We became friends, that fire between us, it's not there anymore and it hasn't been here for months."

"You want a divorce or what?" Gladys asked doing the exact opposite of what FP did by raising her voice.

"Gladys." FP took one of her hands in his. "I love you, I always will, but I'm not in love with you-"

"Then who are you in love with?" Gladys asked with tears in her eyes. FP felt so bad for her, but it had to be done and it was going to happen at some point anyway, but he didn't want it to be too late for him and Alice so FP decided on doing that in that very moment.

"You deserve better than me, you deserve someone who can make you happy-"

"But-"

"You're not happy, not as happy as you should be." FP slightly smiled at her. It was hard, Gladys was the woman that he spent so much time with and she was the mother of his boy.

"What about Jug?" Gladys knew FP. He was right and she couldn't change his mind. Deep down she knew that if he didn't ask for that divorce in that moment she would have later.

"We'll be friends just as we are now." FP smiled thankful that Gladys wasn't against the divorce anymore. "We'll spend holidays together and everything will be fine. I'll have a lawyer make sure you have everything you need and we'll talk about details later."

"Ok." Gladys nodded wiping away the one tear that fell from her eye. "Then there's no point in staying here anymore."

"I'm sorry." FP truly was, for cheating on her, for the divorce and because he wasn't being totally honest, but he told himself it was for the best.

"It was bound to happen."

✓ ✓ ✓

I'm sorry for not updating yesterday, but I took my phone up in my bed and everyone in the house was asleep so the lights were off and I fell asleep after writing about 300 words.

Also this chapter is kind of messy and I didn't get into details so I'm sorry for this too, but I'm really tired and I desperately wanted to update. I hope y'all enjoy it at least a little😅😅

❤️❤️❤️

✓ ✓ ✓