Chapter 26

Alice was being helped by an intern to get ready to enter the OR. She was nervous, but definitely not as nervous as her mother was. But anyway Amelia let them know that she looked over the newest scans and even though it was going to be a difficult surgery with a little more time and concentration she could pull it off.

FP wanted to be there for Alice when the surgery ended in case something bad happened, so an hour after Alice left from the trailer FP got in his car. And after ten minutes of driving the next thing he remembered was everything going black after his car got a hard hit.

FP was taken to the hospital as soon as possible after a man drove his car fast into FP's. FP lost consciousness immediately, it took about an hour to get him out of the ruins of his car, but eventually people managed to do that and FP was driven to the hospital while he was being stabilised.

Gladys and Fred were FP's emergency contacts so they were announced about what happened before FP was taken to an OR for surgery. He was losing a lot of blood and suffered a hard hit to the head so the doctors had to take care of that. The other driver, the one who drove his car right into FP's didn't make it out of the accident.

Fred and Gladys rushed to the hospital as fast as they could. On his was there Fred called Hermione so she could be the one to tell Alice because Fred himself wasn't that close to her and Gladys was definitely not going to make telling Alice one of her problems.

Six hours after FP had the accident and seven hours after Susan's surgery started Alice was making her way out of her mother's OR with a relieved smile on her face. Amelia said that Susan was going to be just fine and it was a great idea for Alice to be there because it helped a lot on keeping Susan calm.

Alice was walking down the hall, she wanted to get a coffee when she saw Hermione sitting on a chair in the waiting room with a tired look on her face. She had to rush to get there in time so Alice wouldn't find out about FP straight away and freak out in front of Gladys. "What are you doing here?" Alice asked as Hermione stood up and walked her direction. "I told you it was-"

"It's not about Susan." Hermione cut Alice off as she grabbed her hand.

"What's it about then?" Alice asked but Hermione didn't say a word as she led Alice outside. "Hermione you're freaking me out." Alice said as they made their way behind the hospital. It was late and outside was raining.

"FP was involved in an accident." Hermione said and instantly Alice's heart started racing. "He's stable now, but he hit his head bad. The doctors don't know what that means exactly."

"Oh my god." Alice whispered slightly shaking her head. "No." Alice said firmly looking away from Hermione.

"Ali-"

"No, no, no!" Alice said louder cutting off Hermione. "This can't happen, not now and not to FP!" She started walking around. Alice moved her hands and ran them through her hair. "Will he wake up?" Alice looked at Hermione with a desperate look on her face.

"Let's get you something to eat, you must-"

"Be there when mom wakes up please." Alice said and ran away from Hermione. Everything she brought with her was inside and if she went to get it Hermione wouldn't let her leave so Alice ran into the street and got in the first taxi she saw.

"Where to?" The driver asked and Alice told him to just go further.

Alice buried her head in her hands and started sobbing quietly. She was asking herself why it had to happen to him? Why in that moment and why it had to happen at all? Eventually Alice looked up and saw the driver with a phone in his free hand trying to snap a picture of her. "Stop the car!" Alice demanded and he did exactly as told. "I'm not paying anything for this ride, to be clear." Alice had tears rolling down her cheeks, her clothes were wet because of the rain and her heart was broken because of what she just found out.

Alice jumped out of the car and was on the cold streets of Vancouver. She didn't have her phone, money and she was freezing cold, but she didn't care about any of that. "FP..." Alice whispered to herself and wrapped her arms around her.

She thought that it would take some time for her to get back to the hospital on foot, but she didn't want to take another taxi. Alice figured it would be better for her to walk so she could analyse her feelings better. She just wanted to get in the hospital and go straight to FP, make sure he was fine. But Alice knew she couldn't do that because Gladys was probably there and Alice couldn't fall apart because of what happened to FP right in front of his wife.

Alice walked down the street and was glad that people just passed her by, without giving her a second look. "Please wake up. Please be fine FP, please." Alice whispered to herself. She was shaking, it was freezing cold and after that night she'd certainly catch a cold, but she didn't care. All she cared was to get to the hospital, make sure FP was fine then go stay with her mother and plan her meeting with the girls, but Alice wasn't sure if she could do that because it was a very high chance that FP wasn't fine.