Chapter 18

Alice didn't go downstairs for dinner that night with the others thinking that FP and Gladys might be there, but she did go to take something to eat to her room because she hadn't ate since that morning. When Alice got out of her room she saw FP in the hallway talking to one of the people working at that inn.

FP let his eyes linger on Alice as the woman spoke and he told her he'd talk to her in a second, then FP walked towards Alice who wrapped her arms around herself. "Alice..."

"It's not the time FP." Alice said quietly so the woman FP was just speaking with wouldn't hear, but she was already gone.

"But-"

"We'll talk when we get back on set, ok?" Alice asked and gave FP the smallest smile, but he had to take it and shut up because Alice wasn't going to talk more to him if she didn't want to and FP couldn't force her to, besides he had to plan something special for Gladys because it came to him that the main reason Gladys came was because it was their anniversary and FP totally forgot avout it so he had a lot to do for the next day.

"Ok." FP slightly nodded his head and Alice walked past him.

Until eight at night the next day they had been interviewed more times than they expected. Answering the same questions over and over again was tiring, but some people really had interesting points of view when it came to their show and it was fun to hear that. What wasn't that fun was Gladys being around all day. The others enjoyed her company and of course Alice pretended to enjoy it too, but she just couldn't wait to get back to her room and eventually they all got back to the inn.

FP led Gladys inside their room and he had that terrible feeling. He was doing the right thing for his wife by preparing a surprise for her for their anniversary, but Alice was right in the next room and FP was afraid that she could hear them and he had reasons to be.

"Oh my god FP!" Gladys said smiling as she looked around. A bunch of candles were placed around the room and petals of roses were on the floor and on the bed. A table was set in the corner of the room for them to sit.

"Happy anniversary love." FP smiled as Gladys turned to him. She kissed him deeply before she took another look at the room.

"I thought you forgot." Gladys said as she sat at the table and FP did so himself.

"I would never." FP lied, but Gladys didn't notice.

They spent dinner talking about little things and exchanging gifts, but pretty soon it got late and Gladys had been leaving clues about what she wanted to happen next for a while now. FP tried to delay the moment hoping she'd just get tired and want to go to sleep, but it wasn't the case and FP couldn't quite refuse Gladys because they haven't had sex in a long time and she would definitely find that suspicious so when she initiated the act FP went with it.

Alice was in her room, she couldn't sleep ever since she heard music coming from FP's room and pretty soon after the music started Alice heard moans. "Perfect." Alice whispered to herself as she heard Gladys calling FP's name.

Alice decided that she couldn't stay there and listen to the man she loved as he made love to someone else so she put on her shoes, a sweater on top of her t-shirt and made her way outside. Alice let out a deep breath as she walked around the inn. She had a feeling in her chest and actually it wasn't just one, it was a mix of feelings and Alice had no idea how to call it.

As Alice tried to find a word for her feelings she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking so she stumbled and ended up by twisting her ankle. "Fuck!" Alice let out as she looked around for somewhere she could sit but eventually she gave up looking and sat right there where she was.

An hour later Alice decided that Gladys and FP must've been done enjoying each other so she could make her way back to her room. Alice did go back, but to her disappointment and exasperation FP and Gladys were still at it. Alice let out a sound that little kids make when something doesn't go their way before she entered her room.

Alice's ankle was hurting so she got some ice from the mini fridge she had and put it on her ankle. "Yes, that's it love." Alice heard FP say and he was obviously enjoying whatever was happening in the other room.

"I might have to kill myself." Alice let herself fall back on her bed. She couldn't take it anymore, she felt like she was going crazy, she just needed to get some sleep, but every time she closed her eyes she could see both FP and Gladys doing it and it only made it worse.

The next day on their way to their first interview Gladys joined them there, of course she did. She also needed someone she could brag to about what just happened the night before and the best person she could go to was Alice.

All the way to their first interview Alice smiled, nodded and laughed as she listened to Gladys tell her everything that happened the night before in detail. She could feel FP's eyes on her, but she didn't turn to look at him once. Alice already had a hard time pretending she was fine with the situation with Gladys, if she turned to look at FP she wouldn't have been able to keep up the act.

There was a moment before their second interview when Alice and FP were alone in a room and FP went to her. "I'm sorry-"

"If you start with this I won't be able to keep a straight face FP." Alice cut him off. She saw the look in his eyes, he was sorry, but Alice couldn't put the blame on him, she wanted to and maybe later she would yell at him just to feel better, if that would even help, but in that moment she needed to have her mind in the game. "Oh this sucks." Alice let out a sigh and blinked a few times because she could feel tears forming in her eyes.

FP didn't hesitate, he pulled Alice into a hug and held her for a while. He wasn't sure if she wanted him to do that or if she actually just wanted him to not do a thing, but he couldn't stand there and watch her like that. Alice was hurt, she had the right to be hurt and FP wished he could change what happened, but that wasn't possible. "Hermione was right." Alice stepped away from FP and wiped away the few tears that fell from her eyes.

"Wha-"

FP stopped when a man entered the room. "Guys you gotta be there now!"