Chapter 73

Alice was six months pregnant and she was laying on the couch in the living room of her and FP's new house and home waiting for him to finish talking on the phone so he could go to her. It was that time of year when they had break from filming for a while because the first half of their new season was already filmed and also Alice's character was going to leave town for a while since Alice was pregnant in real life and the writers didn't want that storyline for her character just yet.

FP hadn't been too much on the phone, he didn't even want to take that call, but Abigail made him promise that he would listen to Michael because he told her he had something important that he needed to tell FP and Alice, but it was better if he talked to FP.

FP hung up and walked into the living room where his gorgeous pregnant wife was. She was so calm at that time, FP hated that he was going to ruin that mood for her. "Who was on the phone FP?" Alice asked as FP sat down on the edge of the couch.

"Your father." FP decided that there was no point in trying to sugarcoat the situation because no matter how he would've said it the point was that Michael called.

"My father?" Alice asked as her eyes widened in surprise. "What could he possibly want?" Alice moved upwards so she was sitting not laying down anymore as she waited for an answer.

"He wants to be a part of the baby's life." FP was angry about Michael's request and if he had known that that was what he wanted to talk about FP wouldn't have taken the call. And because he was angry about it FP wasn't surprise as the same feeling sparkled from Alice's eyes as she heard his response to her question.

"Is he mentally stable? Because I think he needs to get that head of his checked." Alice said firmly as she started gesturing. How could her father ask for that? He didn't want to be in her life, he didn't want to be in Polly's or in Betty's, but he did want to be in this baby's life?

"I know this isn't right." FP slightly nodded his head as he said those words. "That guy hasn't spoken to you ever since you left LA before New Year."

"He didn't even come to the wedding or send a card, nothing close to acknowledging I even exist." Alice crossed her arms over her chest as she gave FP one of her looks that said she didn't want to keep having that conversation.

"If you don't want him to be around he won't, but he is the last grandparent the little one has." FP hated that just as much as Alice did but maybe the man really did want to be a grandfather now that he had the chance and Alice also knew about who he was.

"All my relatives had been screwups." Alice said simply even though saying those words out loud sent a feeling of emotional pain through her body. "I don't need Michael to wake up one day, think he's a serial killer all of a sudden and kill his grandchild."

"That's unlikely." FP said as he placed a hand on Alice's leg. "But I do know what you mean." Alice's family was unconventional to say the least and she would never forget that, she could never.

"Do you think I'll be a good mother?" For a second Alice thought it was a stupid thing to ask. She had been a mother before and it came naturally to her, but also this time she was scared to death that something was going to happen to their baby. Alice was terrified about the smallest things that could go wrong during pregnancy, during giving birth and after that her thoughts were more and darker.

"The best." FP slightly squeezed Alice's leg. He could tell that she had been struggling a little with the idea of giving birth again, he just waited for her to bring it up when she was ready because FP didn't want to pressure her into talking if she wasn't ready. "I know you love this baby Alice and I know you are going to do everything in your power for her or his wellbeing."

"What if it isn't enough?" Alice wanted to continue with 'like the last time', but she decided against it. She didn't want to bring up her daughters again because that would make Alice emotional and she would cry again because pregnancy did that to her.

"You have me for that." FP said with a smile on his face to assure Alice that he wasn't going anywhere. "You aren't alone this time, we are in this together and we are not going to let anything bad happen to our child."

"You know I love you, right?" Alice was feeling so grateful to have FP by her side.

"I love you too baby."