Chapter 62

They didn't finish the puzzle, but they did keep it on the table in the living room for them to start it again in the morning. Gladys was home in time for dinner and she started preparing it. FP offered to help, but Gladys told him to go and join Alice upstairs because she must've been bored since she couldn't walk around and Jughead stayed downstairs with Gladys in the kitchen.

FP and Alice were in the middle of their conversation when Gladys called from downstairs that dinner was ready. "In conclusion, you're going to have to learn where every hole in the backyard is."

"Why?" Alice asked with a smile on her face that suggested she was slightly confused.

"Since you'll be living here." FP said simply and the smile on Alice's face vanished immediately.

"Who said that I'll be living here?" Yes, Alice loved being in that house with FP, Jughead and even Gladys, but she didn't plan on living there for the rest of her life.

"Where do you plan on living then? Because I'm not leaving." FP said firmly and Alice crossed her arms over her chest.

"I can't stay-"

"Get yourselves down here!" Gladys called again from downstairs but FP and Alice were too caught up in their conversation to hear.

"-here. I need to have my own life and not just come into other people's life." Alice told FP and he stood up. He wanted to just walk away and he would have, but they both needed to eat dinner and Alice couldn't get there alone without hurting herself.

FP picked Alice up and she wrapped her arms around his neck. It was just a sprained ankle, but it hurt a lot, Alice could barely slightly move. "So this is it? We aren't going to talk?" Alice asked FP and he remained silent as he carried Alice into the kitchen. "FP, FP, come on. Talk to me."

"Finally." Gladys said letting out a deep breath as FP put Alice down on her chair. Alice's eyes lingered on FP as he sat across from her which wasn't good since he always sat next to her.

Gladys gave both of them a weird look since she thought that something had happened, but she couldn't put her finger on what. She just took FP's seat next to Alice and they started eating making small talk and every once in a while Jughead would say something to make them all smile or laugh.

After they finished dinner Gladys went upstairs with Jughead to help him get ready for bed. "Can we talk now?" Alice asked FP who started cleaning up the table. "This hurt you more than I thought it would." Alice told FP when he finished putting the dirty dishes in the sink.

"It did hurt me." FP turned around and leaned against the counter. "Because I can't leave this house, this is where Jughead grew up and he's still little. I don't want to have him torn between two houses."

"I understand." Alice told FP and he seemed to be surprised by her answer. She didn't really think of it at first, but FP definitely had a point. "I had kids too, remember?" A sudden feeling of pain and sadness went through Alice's whole body like a lighting and it must've been written all over her face since FP walked over to her.

"I do." FP hugged Alice and she rested her head on his chest. She took a deep breath, grateful that she still had FP. "We'll figure something out."

"No, we'll stay here." Alice said and she leaned back to look at FP. He tilted his head down and looked right back at her. "I don't want to take you away from Jughead. You two are far from spending enough time together and I'm not about to steal that from you."

"I want you to be happy too." FP said and Alice told him that as long as he's happy she's happy. "The backyard is huge."

"So?" Alice asked raising her eyebrows as a huge smile spread across FP's face.

"Let's build ourselves a house there. We could be alone there and also very close to my son." FP told Alice and she smiled right back at him. "We can stay here all day long and have a quiet night there together. It will be perfect."

"It will be." Alice couldn't say no. It was a great idea, it was going to take some time, but they had all the time in the world. "Ok, now that we have that figured out I need to ask you something."

"What?" FP asked as Alice moved her hand to FP's cheek. She started running her thumb across his cheek as she stared into his perfect eyes that were filled with love for her.

"Do you happen to know who Gladys has in mind to walk me down the aisle?" Alice asked FP and he shook his head. Alice frowned because she didn't believe him.

"I don't know and I won't ask her. She wants it to be a surprise and I'm not ruining it." FP told Alice and she pouted. "It doesn't work baby." FP said and Alice shrugged her shoulders.

"Whatever." Alice thought that she might as well just wait because the wedding wasn't too far. "You know, I kinda like you."

"I thought you loved me." FP said letting out a chuckle as Alice moved her hands around him and pulled him closer. She pressed her chin against his chest to look up at him.

"I do love you, but I also like you which is a bonus." Alice smiled and FP slightly shook his head in amusement.

"Well I like you too."