Chapter 38

It was fifteen minutes into the movie when Alice's phone started buzzing. "What's that?" FP asked frowning as he looked around. 

"My vibrator." Alice said and FP looked at her as he raised one of his eyebrows. "I'm joking FP." Alice shook her head in amusement as she reached for her phone which was on the nightstand. 

"What's the matter?" FP asked when he saw Alice frowning at the screen of her phone. 

"Someone is video calling me." Alice looked up from her phone to FP and he gave her a look that meant he didn't get what the problem was. "I don't recognise the number." Alice said and shrugged before she answered. FP made sure that whoever was calling Alice wouldn't see him. 

"Alice Smith, as I live and breathe." The man that just called Alice said. Alice frowned and FP slightly squeezed her leg and Alice looked at him. 

'Who's that?' FP mouthed and Alice shrugged her shoulders. She had no idea who the man was, he had brown short hair and brown eyes, but what was catching Alice's attention was the redness of his eyes and the bags under them. She had seen faces like that before, he was just like her mother, an addict. 

"Who are you? How come you have my number?" Alice asked trying to get that information from him so she could hung up then talk to whoever had given him the number. 

"Mommy dearest of course." He said and Alice was more confused than ever, she debated whether to hung up or not, but she decided on not doing it yet. 

"What do you mean? Who the hell are you?" Alice watched the man carefully and she felt somewhat afraid but FP's hand on her leg. 

"Jacob, Jacob Smith." He said and Alice wouldn't normally give the name much thought, but since he brought Susan up she couldn't not think more about it. "Your brother."

"What?" Alice asked and she looked over at FP. He could see how shocked she was and so was FP, he never heard of a brother. "Just stop with the lies." Alice decided to count on it that he was bluffing, but he looked dead serious and also amused at the same time. 

"Susan abandoned me, I'm your brother, I'm twenty eight years old and I'm about to ruin your life Alice." Jacob said with a devilish smile on his face and FP has had enough. He took the phone from Alice and she didn't do anything to keep it as she was in shock.

"Listen here you-" FP stopped the moment the camera moved from Jacob. FP's eyes widened and he let out a loud gasp as he saw the new image. 

"What?" Alice asked FP multiple times before she moved to his side to see what he was looking at. 

Alice's eyes instantly started watering and soon tears were streaming down her face. "Enjoying the view sis?" Jacob asked and FP was close to throwing away the phone, instead he wrapped an arm around Alice and she buried her head onto his chest.

"You did that?" FP asked referring to the body on the floor, Susan's body on the floor. She was in a pool of blood and it seemed as she had been stabbed multiple times. 

"Yap." Jacob smiled proud of himself as Alice started sobbing louder. "Enjoyed every second of it." 

"You psychopath!" FP said and he wished he could be there with Jacob because when he turned back the camera of his phone FP got to see the smile on his face. "What the hell do you want? Why did you do it?"

"Revenge, isn't that obvious FP Jones." Jacob said and FP would've continued the conversation with him longer and in a worse way, but Alice was sobbing on his chest because she had seen her mother dead just a couple of minutes before and being there for her was much more important. 

"Where are you? What are you going to do with-"

"Don't worry, some cops will find her in a river somewhere in a couple of days." Jacob was still smiling and FP was close to ending the call, but Jacob seemed like he wanted to say more and FP decided to listen. "And who knows, maybe it'll be one of you next time." With that said Jacob ended the call himself. 

"It was her wasn't it?" Alice asked shaking as she leaned back from FP so she could look at him. "My mother?" Alice asked again and FP slightly nodded causing Alice to burst into tears harder. 

"It'll be ok Alice." FP whispered and wrapped both his arms tightly around her. "We have to call the police."

"I can't." Alice slightly shook her head. She told FP that she really wanted to but she didn't feel like she could so he called them and two detectives were sent to their hotel room. They arrived there about fifteen minutes later and half an hour after they got there they left with all the information they needed. The detectives promised to keep the case as much of a secret as they could. 

"Alice, honey, do you need-" FP started asking, but he stopped when Alice gestured for him to come to her. He just left for a few minutes to let the detectives out and talk about the last details. 

FP walked over to Alice and he hugged her tightly as she silently cried onto his chest. "Hold me."

"I'm not letting go Alice."