Chapter 31

FP stood up and slowly walked towards the door, but he quickly changed his mind when Alice let out a loud sob. He turned around and looked at her. Alice had tears rolling down her cheeks and she looked so hurt, like she had been in a terrible accident, but all that pain was emotional, not physical. "I'm not going anywhere."

"FP-"

"I don't care Alice, you're here crying your heart out and I'm not leaving you alone." FP said firmly and sat down on the couch next to her. Maybe if it wasn't about Alice he would've walked away, but there was something special about her. FP couldn't figure out what exactly and hated not remembering what had happened between them, but he did know that he wouldn't have left her alone then and he wouldn't do it now.

"I can manage on my own." Alice placed her elbows on her knees and rested her head on her hands while she was silently crying.

"I know." FP said and placed a hand on her back. Alice practically flinched feeling his touch, she simply couldn't not do it. "But some help doesn't hurt, does it?" FP asked Alice.

She turned to look at him and that movement made FP have to take his hand off of Alice. "Actually it does hurt, this help hurts." Alice said shaking her head slightly as she got up from the couch.

"Where are you going?" FP asked as Alice picked up her car keys from the counter.

"I need a drink." Alice could've had some wine there in her trailer, but she felt the need for something stronger than that.

"Then I'm driving." FP told Alice standing up himself and Alice shook her head as she wiped away her tears with the back of her hands. "What do you plan on doing? Get drunk then cause an accident? No thank you."

"I, I didn't plan on doing that." Alice said looking at the door. FP was right she could've gotten in an accident, but she wanted just to get drunk and for a while just forget about what has been happening.

"This is what will happen if you drive under the influence, especially in the state you're in right now." FP walked over to Alice and took the keys from her hand. Alice watched him as he did so and she wanted so badly to feel more of his touch it hurt.

"Then I guess I'm not going anywhere." Alice couldn't get drunk with FP there because she had no idea what might come out of her mouth.

"I can-"

"You can't FP!" Alice almost yelled at him and left FP confused.

"Ok, fine, what's your problem with me?" FP asked Alice putting her keys back on the counter and staring straight at her. "What did I do that bad to make you do this?"

"I'm not doing-"

"Yes you are!" FP cut Alice off because he really felt like it was his time to talk because Alice wouldn't tell him one significant word. "We'll have to spend a lot of time together and you can barely look at me without seeming hurt, what the hell have I done?"

Alice opened her mouth to speak, but she closed it soon, then she did all that a couple more times. "I can't tell you." Alice whispered and FP rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to ask you just one more time Alice because I really want to know..." FP paused as he took a deep breath. "So for the hundredth and last time, what happened? And if you don't answer we're done, whatever insignificant moments we had until now off camera won't happen anymore and I'll stay away from you as much as possible."

Alice swallowed hard, but she remained silent. She was between the mallet and the anvil. She could tell FP about it all then he could either choose Gladys or they could make the same mistake of starting an affair or she could tell him nothing then she'd lose the last bits of him she had. "I'm sorry." Alice eventually whispered.

FP slightly shook his head. "Yeah, me too." He quietly said before he walked out of Alice's trailer.

Alice watched him go and when the door closed behind him she dropped to her knees. Instantly she decided not to cry anymore, she didn't want to and she didn't feel like she had the energy to.

FP took his phone from the bed and immediately dialed Fred's number, his friend answered almost immediately. "What's up?"

"I need to know what happened between me and Alice." FP said walking around his trailer and Fred sighed on the other side of the phone call.

"I can't-"

"You have to." FP cut off his friend. "Every time I talk to her she looks like I shot her. She's hurting and I have no idea why. I need to make her feel better, especially now with her mother."

"What about Susan?" Fred asked looking at Hermione who was taking something out from the fridge.

"She relapsed." FP said and heard how Fred told Hermione that. "What?"

"She was supposed to meet Alice's daughters today, Alice must be feeling awful." Fred told FP.

"She is." FP said running his fingers through his hair. "What should I do?"

"Make sure she doesn't go anywhere feeling like that." Hermione said taking the phone from Fred. "I'll be there as soon as possible." With that said she hung up and handed Fred back his phone.

"You're leaving again?" Fred asked disappointed and Hermione nodded.

"I have-"

"You don't have to, she's an adult." Fred hated that basically he had to share Hermione with Alice. "We are supposed to go with the kids in our vacation, you have vacation Hermione. Alice told you that."

"I'll be back home in time, I pro-"

"Whatever." Fred cut off Hermione. He knew she would be back on time, but he wanted to spend more time with her while the kids were asleep because during their vacation they would have to watch her all the time.

"I know this isn't good for us, but you know how Alice is." Hermione paused for a second. "She bottles it up and most of the times she breaks apart alone. Her mother's never been there, just like her father. She basically had no one, just that so called friend of her mother's who stayed with her just because Alice started acting and getting money, then Hal-"

"I know her life story." Fred sighed. "Go, we'll pick you up in the morning." He knew Alice needed Hermione, it was definitely not the first time, but still.

"Love you."

"I love you too!"