Chapter 68

When FP asked Hermione about when the interview was he remembered why he postponed telling her. The interview was the exact that when it would be a year since Polly and Betty passed away.

FP told Alice about it and she said a simple 'ok'. He asked her if she wanted to talk to Hermione and try to get them on the show some other time, but Alice said it was fine and after the third time he spoke to Alice about it and her answer remained the same he stopped asking.

The three days before the interview FP was making sure that Alice was in a good mood and even though mostly she seemed to be he knew she wasn't that good because no one could be in the given situation, but Alice was handling it as well as she could.

~ ~ ~

Just as Jimmy announced their presence FP and Alice walked in holding hands. They waved at the audience before they hugged Jimmy and sat down on the couch. "Welcome, it's so good to have you both here!" Jimmy said with a smile on his face which Alice and FP returned.

"It's great to be here." Alice said and FP agreed with her.

"So congratulations are in order." Jimmy said pointing at Alice's hand which had the ring and everyone started clapping and cheering. "I hear the wedding is some time in April."

"Yeah it is, we're both very excited." FP said and Alice leaned a bit into him before she came back to her position.

"Uh, it's a little cold in here." Alice said and Jimmy gave her a weird and amused look.

"Is it?" He asked Alice just as FP was taking off his suit jacket off.

"Maybe not for you, but I'm wearing this sleeveless dress." Alice laughed as FP placed his jacket on her shoulders. She put her arms through its sleeves before she arranged it so it would look ok.

"Anyway-" Jimmy was about to say something else, but the audience started awing when FP helped Alice get her hair from under the jacket and she turned to give him a kiss on the cheek. "You are making it hard for the rest of us FP." Jimmy joked.

"What can I do?" FP shrugged his shoulders as a smile spread across his face.

"What can you two tell us about the show and what's coming next?" Jimmy asked and for a little while they spoke about 'Justice' and other projects FP and Alice had, but it was only a matter of time until Jimmy would bring up Polly and Betty.

Alice knew questions about her daughters were bound to be asked and she had been waiting for them. It wasn't that people wanted to ask those questions and create a tense atmosphere between them, but it was their job. "Today's a year since your daughters died if I'm correct."

"It is." Alice felt FP moving closer to her and she was thankful when he took her hand in his. "I once talked about it for everyone to know and I don't really want to talk about them now."

"I get that, you miss them." Jimmy was honestly glad that Alice didn't want to continue the conversation on that topic. He had two children himself and it definitely wasn't easy on Alice to lose her daughters.

"I do." Alice slowly nodded her head. "I know I said I don't want to talk, but there's something I would like to say." She felt FP squeezing her hand to show her that he was there for her and Alice appreciated it most in that moment. "Some people seem to think that if I don't post about them or if I don't talk about them on TV I don't actually miss them or love them. Polly and Betty will always be in my heart and when they left this world a part of me left with them. It's not easy to talk about them and it probably never will be."

"Here." Jimmy moved a box with tissues closer to Alice when a few tears rolled down her cheeks and Alice thanked him for that. "I appreciate you opening up to us, it must be so hard on you." Jimmy watched Alice as she nodded before he asked FP some questions so Alice could get herself together. "Changing the subject, after you two get married do you plan on moving out from your home?"

"Actually Alice, Gladys and I spoke about it and we are having a house built for me and Alice in the backyard. Neither of us want to be away from Jughead so it is the best for him and to be honest for us." FP took the chance to talk more before Alice would be ready to do so too. She was strong, he knew that and he loved that about her, but she didn't have to be strong all the time because he was there to help in any way he could.

"How did the little guy adjust to everything? Divorce is hard on any kid and he is really young."

"We spoke to a specialist that helped us explain everything to him." FP smiled as he spoke partly because Alice turned her attention to them and a small smile formed on her lips as she listened to his words. "He knows how the divorce works, he knows Gladys and I love him and we'll be there with him for as much as we can. As about Alice, he simply adores her."

"I wouldn't say that." Alice smiled a bit shy and FP rolled his eyes because it was only the truth.

"How does he call you? Does he call you 'mom' or-"

"No." Alice cut off Jimmy before he finished because she didn't think there was a point in letting him finish. "I'm Alice for him and maybe later I'll be aunt Alice or something, but I won't be mom. He already has a mother and she's the best one he could ask for."

"It's great to hear this from you because you know, most divorced parents don't get along and when new spouses get in between it's even worse."

"Not with us." FP smiled and Alice did so herself.

"That's awesome. We have to take a short break but we'll be back soon."