Chapter 45

They were on set two days later and Alice waited for her hair and make up to be done as she rehearsed her lines to make sure she didn't forget any. After that she made her way to where they were supposed to film the first scene of the day. "Are you ready Alice?" The director asked her and Alice nodded trying to smile. "Bring Jones here-" he addressed to someone else. "-and let's get started."

Alice was glad she could be on set because it kept her busy, it kept her from thinking about her daughters. FP came quickly and he walked straight to Alice. "Do you need a few more minutes or-"

"Not unless you need to rehearse your lines." Alice made a small joke and FP kissed her cheek on the way to his spot. Alice also went to stay right next to him because they were filming a scene where they were asking a witness questions about a murder.

"Any time from now." The director didn't want to make Alice feel like he was pushing her. They were all a big family there and the last thing they wanted was for any of them to feel uncomfortable.

"Ms. Riley, I know this is incredibly hard for you, but we need you to answer some questions in order to catch the person who did this to your husband." Alice said already in character.

The actress playing Ms. Riley was on the couch wiping away her tears as she nodded her head.

"When is the last time you saw your husband?" FP asked approaching a shelf with tissues on it.

"This morning when I left for work." Ms. Riley said taking the tissue FP was handing her.

"Did he seem distracted or anything like this?" Alice made her way to the couch and sat next to Ms. Riley.

"He was acting strangely, but he's been acting like this for a couple of weeks since he received that letter."

"What letter?" Alice asked looking over at FP as if they were thinking the same thing.

"He never showed it to me, he just shoved it in the safe box and never spoke about it. I can't believe someone would do something like this to my Dan, everyone loved him."

"We'll find out who did this to your husband Ms. Riley, I promise you."

"And cut!" The director said glad they got it all the first time.

The rest of the day went just as smoothly. Everyone did they're jobs and Alice was relaxed. FP was happy to see that she was doing something else besides laying on her bed and that she was actually enjoying it, he felt a little stupid for suggesting she'd take more days off.

About two weeks later FP caught on what Alice was actually doing. He tried talking to her about Polly and Betty almost every day, but she'd either say she was busy learning her lines or she'd seduce him into having sex. But FP put an end to all that when one day that was going to be especially hard for Alice came. It was Polly's birthday and thankfully for FP they didn't have to film that day, but it made it much more difficult for Alice.

They were in bed and Alice was lying on her side, her back facing FP who was just starting to wake up, but Alice had been up most of the night thinking about what she was going to do.

"Morning." FP said placing his right hand on Alice's arm and she turned to face him, pretending she was just waking up, but FP knew she wasn't. "Do you want some coffee?"

"No, I'm actually really tired, I think I'll just-"

"Rise and shine!" Hermione burst into the trailer and FP looked up at her as Alice covered them both with the blanket. "No one laughing? I mean I get it, it wasn't that funny when Kylie did it."

"What are you doing here so early Hermione?...or at all?" Alice added quickly rolling her eyes.

"I thought you might want some more people here, considering what day today is." Hermione said trying to be as subtle as possible, but of course she didn't really succeed since everyone in the trailer knew what she was talking about.

"Can you give us a moment to dress?" FP asked and Hermione nodded before she made her way to FP's trailer for a little while to give FP and Alice time to put some clothes on. "If you want I can call Fred, ask him to come up with something so Hermione would-"

"No." Alice shook her head after she cut off FP. "You want to keep an eye on me today since is Polly's birthday and so does Hermione so how about you two spend the day together and leave me alone to take care of my problem?"

"Alice-"

"No 'Alice'. I just want to be left alone today FP so if you want to help me take Hermione out of here and go with her." The last thing Alice wanted was to try and hide from them all day so sending them away seemed like a better idea. She just wanted to be alone, look through some pictures, watch a movie and cry a little.

"We'll be back at eight tonight." FP said nodding realising Alice really wanted and needed that. "Not later, not earlier."

"Thank you FP."