Chapter 39

FP and Alice just stood in silence for a while. FP was unsure of what to say and he decided not to push Alice until she wanted to speak about it. If she had a relationship with her mother at least a little like the one FP had with his own he would've known what to say, but what Alice and Susan had was definitely different. Susan was never actually a parent and Alice couldn't count the times she saw her mother high even if she tried. 

FP pulled the covers over them because he assumed Alice was a little bit cold and she was thankful he did so. She calmed down and wasn't crying anymore, but she still didn't say a word. FP gently caressed her back as he looked through the window. It started raining and FP slightly shook his head. The night was going terribly and FP wished there was a way to change what happen so Alice wouldn't be feeling the way she was, but all he could do in that moment was be there for her.

At some point through the night Alice's stomach started rumbling and FP moved just a little so he could look at her. He saw that Alice was awake and he brushed a strand of hair behind her ear before he spoke. "What do you want to eat baby?"

"Anything." Alice slightly shrugged and she wrapped her arms a little tighter around FP. "I have a brother."

"Yes." FP said after a little while because he got the feeling that Alice wanted him to confirm that.

"And he killed our mother." Alice looked up at FP as she rested her chin on his chest. Their eyes locked and FP nodded slowly. Alice sighed heavily and pouted for a second. "I always thought drugs would kill her."

"You don't have to talk about her yet if you don't want to." FP had the feeling that Alice was kind of forcing those words out of her. She did mean them, but she was speaking quietly and she was making longer breaks than usual between words so he assumed she didn't want to speak about her yet. 

"I do, it's just weird." Alice closed her eyes for a little while and only opened them a couple of minutes later as she took a deep breath. "She's hardly been there for me. I mean she's been an addict her whole life, she helped me about zero times, she never met the girls, she didn't give a crap about me when the Hal thing happened, but she is my mother."

"Maybe you two didn't spend enough time together, but you do love her. She knew that." FP said thinking it was what Alice needed to hear but he was partially wrong and she just told him why.

"Did she love me?" Alice asked and her heart starting beating a little faster. She thought it was stupid because FP couldn't possibly know if Susan loved her or not, but Alice still needed an answer. 

"She had a terrible way of showing it, but I think she did love you Alice." FP gave her a small smile, he was going to do everything in his power to make sure Alice was fine and that she knew she wasn't alone during that horrible time.

"Thanks." Alice pressed a kiss to FP's chest through the fabric of his shirt. He also rested his lips on the top of her head and they would've probably stayed like that longer if Alice's stomach didn't start rumbling again. 

"Ok, what do you want to eat?" FP asked again leaning back so he could look Alice in the eyes. 

"Anything FP, I'm not picky." Alice told him and FP got up from the bed to get for them something to eat. Alice immediately felt the bed colder without FP there and about fifteen minutes later she was glad that he returned there with some food. "Thank you." Alice smiled a little at FP as he gave her the food and sat back on the bed. 

They ate in silence for a while and it wasn't a heavy weird silence, between them things harly got weird, but after some time Alice needed to ask FP the question that had been bugging her ever since the detectives left. "What do you think he's going to do?"

Alice didn't need to say his name for FP to figure out who she was talking about. "I don't know." FP answered Alice. The detectives must've thought it was bad considering that they sent people to watch over Alice's house to make sure the girls and the nanny were completely safe. 

"Maybe what I'm about to say will sound stupid but..." Alice paused for a little while and watched FP as he slightly frowned at her wondering what she had to say. "He saw you and he knew who you are so be careful. Call Gladys, we can talk to the detectives tell them you need someone to watch over her and Jughead-"

"They sent a car there too Alice." FP cupped her cheeks and kissed her nose as Alice looked at him a little surprised. "I asked them right before they left."

"Good, because I'd hate it if something bad happened to any of you." Alice relaxed a little after she heard FP. She had also texted Hermione and Fred to make sure they were ok and she was glad when she got a reply saying they were fine. "I love you FP."

"I love you too Alice."