Chapter 61

In the morning after Gladys, FP, Jughead and Alice had breakfast Alice went out in the backyard to play with Jughead with the ball because he had been asking her to do so for some time already.

In the meantime Gladys walked up to FP who just finished washing the dishes because he promised to. "Do you know if Alice has other relatives?" Gladys asked and FP almost snapped his neck because of how fast he turned to look at her.

"Why are you asking?" FP frowned at Gladys and she told him what she told Alice the night before. "You're in trouble." FP said because from the unfortunately he had he didn't know about any other relative that Alice might've had.

"I really didn't think it through. I mean I do have an idea but I actually hoped to find someone who's blood related to her you know? To feel closer to her father." Gladys told FP and he slightly nodded. It was nice of Gladys to try and help Alice like that, but she didn't quite think it all through and she would feel so bad if she disappointed Alice on her wedding day.

"He's a jackass." FP leaned against the counter and placed his hands in the front pockets of his sweatpants. "Thank god my old man wasn't like that."

"Your parents would've loved Alice." Gladys said smiling, she didn't know FP's parents personally I because they passed away, but she felt like she knew them from all the things FP had told her about them.

"And you." FP smiled and Gladys felt good hearing those words.

"I kind of promised Kate I'd meet her for lunch today and shopping before so I have to go." Gladys said after a little while. She apologised for not letting FP know earlier in case he had plans with Alice but he told her it wasn't a problem so Gladys went upstairs to change her clothes then she left.

FP made his way to the window and looked for Jughead and Alice outside. He was surprised to see Alice on the ground and Jughead close to her and FP wondered what was going on until he saw Alice holding her ankle. FP rushed outside and ran over to where Alice and Jughead. "What happened?" FP asked kneeling there close to them.

"Alice fell." Jughead said pointing at a hole in their backyard. It was made by the dog the family next door had. Jughead, FP and Gladys were used to the holes and they knew how to avoid stepping in them, but Alice wasn't as much of an expert as they were.

Alice winced when FP touched her ankle and Jughead made a face because he didn't like seeing people in pain. FP turned to his son and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Buddy, why don't you go in and take out that puzzle you've been wanting us to do?"

"Will Alice be ok?" Jughead asked looking over at Alice who forced a smile.

"I'll be good Jug, it just hurts a little." Alice assured him and Jughead seemed relieved.

"Ok, I'll get the puzzle." He said and made his way back inside.

The moment Jughead entered the house FP turned his attention back to Alice. "Let's get you inside, put some ice on that." FP told Alice and she tried getting up by herself, but FP put a hand on her arm keeping her on place. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Trying to get up." Alice said like it was obvious and FP shook his head firmly.

Before Alice said anything else FP picked her up bridal style. Alice wrapped her arms around his neck and looked up at him with a smile on her face. "A good rehearsal before after the wedding." FP winked at Alice and she let out a chuckle.

"Right." She laughed again as FP carried her inside. He laid Alice down on the couch and she turned because she didn't want to stay like that.

FP brought a pack of ice and Alice placed a pillow on the corner table they were about to do the puzzle on that she placed her leg onto. FP slowly put the ice on her ankle and Alice couldn't help but make a few sounds because it hurt and also because of the ice. "It's a huge hole, how come you didn't see it?" FP asked Alice as a smile formed on his face.

"Don't!" Alice pointed a finger at him, but FP couldn't help it. He started laughing and Alice was trying hard not to. She looked around and grabbed the first pillow she could and she threw it at FP. Of course he caught it making Alice pout like a little child.

"Does the little girl want her pillow back?" FP asked waving it around and Alice let out a laugh.

"You're an asshole-"

"Bad word!" Jughead said walking into the living room with the puzzle.

"Fuck." Alice said before she realised it and FP laughed harder. Alice turned a shade of red and Jughead put the puzzle on the table. "I meant, uh, I-"

"You meant what you said." FP said still laughing and Alice started to laugh too. Jughead looked at FP and Alice with an amused look on his face, but eventually he got bored of hearing both of them laugh and he opened the box the puzzle was in.

"Are you going to do this puzzle or not?"